Thread: Tata Docomo 3G on roaming

Tata Docomo 3G on roaming

I will be getting Tata Docomo 3G service very soon. But the only concerned for me is I mostly remain out of place, that is, I am always on move most of the time for my business and for this I would like to know if I can use my 3G service while at roaming. Moreover, would my cost be increasing when I am on move? If this is possible then does this mean that GPRS service is not available while on roaming? Please help me!

Re: Tata Docomo 3G on roaming

There is no extra charges incurred in 3g service while you are roaming. There are, right now, only two possibilities at present. The first one is that if the place where you go is included in the network coverage area of TATA 3g service, then you don't have to pay anything. However, in the second case where you don't come in the network coverage area of 3g service by TATA Docomo then you will not have the 3g service itself. Their no possibility of other solutions over here. There is nothing like you can use other network provider's 3g service as you normally have it in sim service providers.

You can still enjoy your Tata Docomo 3G service while you raom from one place to another. Since you are new to this service I would like to suggest you how you can activate the 3G service in Tata DOCOMO. First of all get a Tata DOCOMO SIM card which is capable of 3G service, there are some card which are not 3G ready. Install it in your mobile phone and send an SMS by typing "3Glife" to 53333. You should receive a response message in your inbox. In this message, you will get all the information how to use this service.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I would like to inform to all who said or believes that Tata DOCOMO 3G service does not provide support for other networks. You can still use Tata DOCOMO 3g service if you are not within Tata DOCOMO Network. Although the national and international tariff plans are different from the Tata DOCOMO Network, you can still enjoy the service while you are not within the network. But please note that to use your Tata DOCOMO 3g service internationally, you require a special card. The card that you will have might not be working their. You can check out the roaming rates for 3g network nationally and internationally by visiting Tata DOCOMO website.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

You can definitely use your Tata Docomo 3G service while you are roaming abroad. However, there are certain guidelines which Tata Docomo suggests for his customers when they go abroad. Firstly, make sure you check your roaming function if has been activated and functioning well. You can check this by dialing 24 hours customers service helpline of Tata Docomo. Next, make sure you have a world traveler plug because there are some countries whose power sockets differ from those used in India. Also make sure your mobile phone works in the country that you're traveling. If you want to call to India, you need to include '91' followed by the number that you are dialing. Make sure your mobile phone is compatible with the network frequency before traveling abroad.