Thread: How to get 3G in Vodafone

How to get 3G in Vodafone

Currently I am using Vodafone network. And till now I do not face any kind of issue related to this but now I have recently heard that Vodafone also going to start the 3G so about this I am really very much excite and that is why I want to activate it so regarding this I need your help guys. I want to know that how can I get 3G to work on Vodafone? Please tell me as soon as it is possible.

Re: Hoe to get 3G in Vodafone

I think you do not have to worry because I have got the solution for your issue. So to get your answer you just go through the steps which I am going to explain over here:
    1. First you dial the *#*#4636#*#* so at that time you will get the phone info on your display.
    2. So after that you have to press the menu button which is almost given at the bottom.
    3. So at the time you will press the menu so you will get the option so in 5that you just select the band. And after selecting this you are able to choose what band to use.
    4. So in that you select the Euro Band so after selecting this you will get the message Set [EURO Band] Successful so you press OK. So in this you will see you will for a moment lose signal and it should then come back on and show 3G.

So you just follow this I think you will get your solution very soon.

Whatever the information the previous user has given to you in order to activate 3G on to your cell I think it is quite good. But here I want to give little bit more information related to this. Actually after this:
    • Even though both US T-Mobile and VodaFone Europe go halves the 2100 Frequency band for 3G, the European alter it to some extent and will require this radio band switched correctly to work.
    • So in this you are also able to alter the bands to additional Country/Nations as well as you need.
    So I think this information will going to help you a lot.

Hey I have read all the post which is given here and the information which is given here it is really superb. But I want to some more related to the 3G. Actually my question is does 3G requires more base station? I have heard this on news but not able to get this correctly so is anybody here who knows help me related to this. Regarding this I have searched but not able to get the appropriate answer so help me on this.

Re: How to get 3G in Vodafone

Most of the user asked whether 3G services need more base stations, or more powerful base stations. Again, all base stations comply with the ICNIRP guidelines and in fact 3G networks operate at very low power. On average, the total power of a 3G base station is less than that of a 2G base station. The area covered by a base station is known as a cell. As we can offer more than just calls and texts on 3G mobiles, people now use their mobile phones in more ways than they used to. Network traffic is increasing, and each cell can only handle a certain level of calls, texts, emails, web, TV and downloads at a time. Also, 3G technology uses a slightly higher radio frequency than older mobile phones, which travels a shorter distance. As a result, 3G cells are often smaller than cells using older technology, and more base stations are needed to provide the coverage our customers expect. This means 3G mobile phones are often closer to the nearest base station, use less power and radio frequency exposure actually decreases.