Thread: Tata Docomo GPRS speed

Tata Docomo GPRS speed

I don’t have internet connection to my computer and therefore I am using the loop mobile GPRS. I connect that to my computer using the PC suit and use my mobile as the modem for the computer internet. But the problem is that, it gives me very bas speed. It moves like a snail. I heard that TATA DOCOMO is having fast internet. I have not used the TATA DOCOMO yet so I don’t have any idea about that. Is there anyone who is using the GPRS of TATA DOCOMO then please post your experience here? I will be thankful to all replies. Thank you very much for the replies in advance.

Re: Tata Docomo GPRS speed

Hi MicroDon,

I am also using mobile internet from last two years and I have tried almost every operators. They all have somewhat similar speed. Speed of the internet moves down to big extends and it takes more than 15 minutes to load a single page on my computer. Recently I get a new connection from TATA DOCOMO. I get this connection for calling and not for the internet but when I tried to connect to internet with this then I found that the speed is very good as compared to other providers.
    • Download Speed =38Kbps to 40Kbps
    • Upload Speed =25kbps

Sorry, but I have exactly opposite opinion about that. I think that the TATA DOCOMO’s GPRS service is one of the worst GPRS service. Last month I got connection of TATA DOCOMO and the next day when I tried to access internet then it gives me message that “PACKET DATA NOT AVAILABLE ". I complained for that and called many time to them for this issue and finally after 1 week it got connected to internet. After that when I tried to connect that to my computer for internet access then I found that the speed is very slow. So my suggestion to you is not to go for the TATA DOCOMO and if you want to change the provider then you can go for the AirTel. At least it will give you better speed than the LOOP mobile that you are using right now.

I am not agreeing the opinion by Sudhamay. You told that you are getting the error message then that does not mean that TAATADOCOMO is not having a good GPRS service. There may be other possible reasons for the error message that you are getting and for the slow internet connection. I am listing some of the possible reasons for that.
    • It is possible that there is some error in the configuration of the handset that you are using.
    • May be Network Packet Data Switching Congenstion on Server
    • This may be problem with the balance in your account like it is insufficient for the connection.

Hi all, I am using Nokia 6212c and TATA DOCOMO connection. I heard that it is having a great speed but my problem is that I am not able to connect to internet. I have never connected to internet using the mobile as a modem therefore I don’t have any idea about that. Please tell me if you know the exact way to connect to internet using Nokia 6212c and TATA DOCOMO connection. I will appreciate any helpful suggestion.

I was also facing the same problem with my Nokia 6212c mobile. I called the DOCOMO customer care for this issue but got negative response from there. I am happy to tell you that after googling it on internet I got the best solution for that and went to that stepwise and it solves the issue.
    You have to do the following internet settings:
    1. Go to menu, Settings > Connectivity > Packet Data > Packet Data Settings.
    2. Active access point = Tata Docomo (You can edit it)
    3. Click on Edit Active access point.
    4. After that click on packet data access point.
    5. Edit it to TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET.
    6. After that you have to go back and select web on menu.
    7. Click on Settings > config settings.
    8. Under Configuration service you have to select the TDC and make sure that account should be TDC Mobile GPRS.
    9. Once you are done with this then you can go back and again try the dial-up and this time it should work without any problem.