Thread: Is DND service paid or not ?

Is DND service paid or not ?

Hello everyone out there, I am using an Airtel service from last few months and since the day I started using this network I am continuously flooded with unwanted calls from them, these calls are regarding change of plan or service or even operator. Its really irritating, when even saying no to them I am getting these calls again and again. So I would want to block these calls for good , for this I have to use DND service to block them. So just want to know that is this service is free of cost or do we have to pay for it. If yes what would be the rates.

Re: Is DND service paid or not ?

Hey you can make use of DND service for absolutely free, for this you have to call the customer care and ask them to activate this service. The activation time will take a bit of time, around 15 days but you have to wait for it. Once you have completely activated this service you will not receive any further call from unwanted source. Even if they call you, they will be diverted to somewhere they could only hear the ringtone of the specified user but you wont get any of their calls.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Yes of course, you can cut down unwanted calls from unwanted source by making use of DND (Do Not Disturb) service. This the most effective service and you can use this service to not allow any other phone calls from your network. I am using Vodafone network and I was also receiving a lot of unwanted calls, which was really irritating for me. After getting really frustrated I finally decided to block these calls by making use of DND service and since after activation I never ever received any unwanted calls from any one. You can either call the customer care or send sms to activate this service. For Vodafone users you can send sms as foolowing

SMS code
    START<space> DND
    to number 1909

I am also facing the same problem as you all are , but mine problem is a little bit more irritating. I am using Loop network and I was also flooded with unwanted calls from unwanted source. Then i had even activated the DND service for blocking he unwanted calls, but even after activating this service I am still receiving this calls. After informing the customer care executive again and again about my problem still I am getting these unwanted calls. Is that the service is not fully activated on my sim or is it the Loop doesnt provide with DND service. Please can anyone help me to sort out this issue.

If you are getting the unwanted calls again and again even after activating the DND services on your mobile phone then if you want then you can register a compliant against your network service provider and they can be charged penalty of up to Rs. 5000 per Call/SMS they send on your number. But if you have really decided to logged a complaint against them then you have to have some serious proofs regarding the unwanted calls.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter