Thread: IDEA gprs internet is nothing but Airtel internet

IDEA gprs internet is nothing but Airtel internet

I am an IDEA subscriber and have been using its card from a long time. Recently I took an internet connection from IDEA and configured my network as it was told to me. As soon as I started using my internet for the first day I tried to figure out how much speed I am getting and whether it is same as they said. I was really shocked when the result appeared to me. It says I have Bharti Airtel Connection. How did it changed? I have been using IDEA connection then how did it changed to bharti airtel? Does this means that IDEA takes its internet connection from airtel? So that means idea gprs internet is nothing but airtel internet.

Re: IDEA gprs internet is nothing but Airtel internet

Does that really matter to you? Until and unless you are getting the proper internet, why you are so worried about your internet connection. It has not at all changed but may be the site through which you were testing the net connection has actually traced the source of the internet connection and so you are getting that information listed. But there is nothing wrong if you are getting the internet from airtel, however you are still connected to idea for your connection. Idea is still your ISP. There are many such subscribers who borrow network from others. This is just the company policy. Don't worry!

I don't know about yours but my experience with Idea has been very bad. I had a 236 kbps connection which after few days of connection became worst. I suddenly experienced slow connections which takes too long to open even Yahoo!. I discussed about my problem with Idea support team but there were unable to help me. All the solution that they gave to me was useless and unfruitful. At last I have to discontinue their service and I directly contacted Airtel for the connection. I am quite happy with Airtel internet connection. Never had any problems.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

I have used idea as well as airtel connection and according to my personal experience if you will compare the two then you will notice that Idea connection is much slower than Airtel. I, now, have been using Airtel for a year and it gives decent download speed. Moreover Airtel gprs service per month costs very less for unlimited usage. The reason may be due to idea borrowing the connection from airtel itself but don't know if this is correct.

I have tested most of the mobile networks and I think Vodafone is great, for its brand image and also for its decent call rates. I have been a vodafone customer from the past 6 months but at last I ended with vodafone since they have better English speaking CSR. They are far more better than MTNL/BSNL or Airter/Idea people. Vodafone CSR sounds more technical than those other out their. Talking about Idea, specifically, problems like frequent disconnections is one of the regular pain and their is no fix for this kind of problem as of now.

Dear Sir,

Kindly provide your cellular number for further assistance. You can also get in touch with our Customer care centre - details updated on Idea website.

Regards,
    Idea Cellular

That was really weired. This never happend to me. The settings that you recieve are based on the network provider settings. And that does not changed automatically. Somehow if you have a dual sim phone and has both settings saved in your phone, then it is possible that your phone uses the most available network. Or else try to contact the customer care about this issues.

This same has never happened to me also. Idea and Airtel are two different companies and no one really want to subscribe its users on some others name. The settings are provided you by sms and you said that you have Airtel connection also. So by mistakes you might have activateda another settings. But in that your internet must not work. That is really a surprising query.