Thread: GPRS setting problem with BSNL

GPRS setting problem with BSNL

There is something wrong with the BSNL GPRS Settings. To download the new settings for it, I went to BSNL site and downloaded 5 settings. I tried each of them but all were useless. I found that the BSNL LIVE settings are working with Google Maps but it failed to work with Opera Mini. I also found that there were some settings for the Login Request which I disabled after editing. I don’t know that what is going on with the BSNL. If I see the other providers like Vodafone and Airtel then it works with the single setting and in case of the BSNL they provide lots of settings but all of them are useless. If you have any idea for the BSNL settings or have any suggestion for me then please let me know. I will be thankful to you. Thank you.

Re: GPRS setting problem with BSNL

I don’t know that from where you have downloaded the configuration settings for GPRS. I am also using the BSNL card and have set the GPRS settings. I don’t have any problem with the internet access to my mobile. You can download the free configuration settings for the BSNL. If you want to download the settings then just click on the link below and it will redirect you to the BSNL site and from there, you will be able to download the settings for your phone. Just follow the simple instruction over there and you will get it easily. I have downloaded it from there and till now I never faced any such problem.

Get Settings.
    Last edited by newtech; 06-11-2010 at 11:43 AM.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I would like to tell you that you are using the general plan that can use the GPRS above Rs. 50 then you will be able to browse the internet without any problem. But remember that this is not applicable to the saral anant plan. If you are using this then you will be able to browse at any balance. I wish it will give you some idea about the BSNL GPRS.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Hey, it is very easy to download the device settings for the BSNL GPRS. You can download the GPRS/MMS/WAP settings directly on your phone. Note that you have to enter 1111 if it prompts you any code during downloading the settings. Just click on the link below and just give the basic information that it asks. Follow the simple instruction by it and you will be able to get the settings very easily. I have downloaded the settings from the same link as below.

Download GPRS settings.

I have also experienced the same thing earlier. I tried some manual settings for that but all that were useless. I talked to call centers but the manual settings from them were also not helpful. Finally I get to know that I have to send the SMS 'GPRSPRE' to '53733' and after that I have to wait till they send me the acknowledgment. After getting the acknowledgment, I can apply the 5 settings that they send to me. Now I am using the bsnlnet for browsing and for mms I use bsnlmms. You will find that the bsnllive is very slow to use and we can only access the bsnllive portal. So finally I would like to suggest you to send ‘GPRSPRE' as suggested. Good Luck!!!

If you are using the BSNL Excel Prepaid then you will be able to get the settings by SMS. If you want to get the settings by SMS then you just have to send a SMS to 3733 and this text message should contain ‘GPRS PRE’. Once this message sent successfully then you will get the reply from them that contains Your “GPRS facility will be activated shortly”. I did the same and I get my GPRS working. You should also try this and I am sure that it will deliver the setting on your phone.