Thread: Mobile GPRS on Aircel India

Mobile GPRS on Aircel India

Hi all, I am using the Aircel SIM card from last 1 month. I am very happy with the network and all the other things. I heard that the GPRS facility in it is also awesome. Previously, I was using the Airtel and that was quite good but I came to know that Aircel is even better that. I don’t know that how to get the settings for this and what are the plans for the GPRS. Can you tell me that how can I do that and what are the other benefits of that? Thank you.

Re: Mobile GPRS on Aircel India

If you are a prepaid subscriber then you can do the following easy steps and that will activate the GPRS on your phone for Aircel.
    1. First of all you have to send a text message on 57788. You have to type GPRS BP <first three letters of handset name> <Model No>
    2. Once the message is delivered successfully then you will get a confirmation message for the message that you send just now. To confirm that, you have to send back SMS YESBP to 57788.
    3. Once you send that then you will again get a new message OTA which will include the two new messages.
      • First message will contain something like thank you for the request.
      • Second message will say, kindly save the settings that you are about to receive.
    4. If the activation done successfully then you will receive a message to congratulate you.
    5. Restart your phone and now you will be able access the internet.

Above post is very correct but only if you are a prepaid subscriber but what if you are postpaid subscriber. If you are a postpaid subscriber then to activate the OTA settings, you have to fill the GPRS ENROMENT FORM. You will get this form from Aircel Center or Aircel Cell City. Once you fill and submit this form then your identification will be verified with this form. After completion of the verification process you will be able to get the OTA settings. Once you get the OTA settings then just save it and restart your mobile. After that only you will be able to browse the sites. I hope this will help all the postpaid subscriber.

Aircel is really good for the internet. You will be able to use your phone as modem for your computer. Just install PC suit for your mobile on your computer and connect your phone to your computer in PC suit mode. From that you will be able to connect your computer to internet. You will find that there are two plans foe internet.
    1. Rs.14 : you will get 3 days unlimited GPRS.
    2. Rs.30 : You will get GPRS for 30 days and Rs.20 talktime.

And if we talk about the speed then you will get about 10kbps At Peak Time and sometimes it goes above 15kbps. I think you should try rs 14 plan first and if you like that then go for monthly plan.

There are many internet plans from the Aircel. You can select any of those according to your need. I am listing the plans that they have currently.
    1. Rs. 14 : For 3 Days
    2. Rs. 28 : For 7 Days
    3. Rs. 98 : For 30 Days
    4. Rs. 301 : For 100 Days
    5. Rs. 601 : For 200 Days
    6. Rs. 1001 : For 365 Days

You can select any of the above and you will get unlimited browsing and data transfer.
    • Dial *234*114# to activate Pocket Internet-14 and to deactivate, call *234*214#.
    • Dial *234*28# to activate Pocket Internet-28 and to deactivate, call *234*228#.
    • Dial *234*98# to activate Pocket Internet-98 and to deactivate, call *234*298#.

All these are toll free numbers. You can also activate these plans by E-recharge.