Thread: GPS not working For BSNL 3G

GPS not working For BSNL 3G

I am using the Nokia N97 and have activated the GPS system in my mobile. I was using the Airtel Mobile Office for Free Voice Navigation that is for GPS and it was working properly until I received a free sim of 3G from BSNL. I have taken the settings for the GPS in my mobile for BSNL 3G, but still the connection for GPS has not been made. Whenever I try to connect to the GPS in my mobile the problem occurs that the connection is being made and then the mobile goes in the waiting state. After waiting for sometime the GPS settings get disconnected. Please if anyone can provide me with the extra settings for the BSNL then kindly forward me the details as the problem is with voice navigation and not with the maps.

Re: GPS not working For BSNL 3G

At the first you got to check whether the mobile is using BSNL net for applications. Then you have go again and cross check connection that is being used for the application. If the application is having the old setting then it will surely you the error in the connection. The old connection does not allow you to connect properly to the network causing various other problems. The GPS system that BSNL is providing is one of the best of its kind, so their are no hunchbacks in their connection system.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Try using the Aircel because it provides the location of the Google maps properly. The GPS for AGPS is working properly, but as I changed my Sim to BSNL it stopped working properly. Somewhere in AP the similar problem is being arisen where their is a provision for local cell tower that is not providing proper location for the places.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

The BSNL is providing better network for the consumers that are their in north and also their is no such issues for the GPS, the GPS is working properly for the connections in north. Also the issues of the server down causes the problem of breakdown of the GPS in the new BSNL Sim cards. Also check the setting that has been made in the mobile phone for 3G.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

The other alternative is that you can use the MTNL Sim that allows you to use the 3G service of other networks that is present better for you. And for GPS connection you can use simple internet connection for the connection to the native GPS system. It is similar to the network connection that can be used by a particular network of any other telephone network of the area whose connection is the best in the selected area.

If still the connection error is coming continuously then you can follow the following steps that are given below:
    1. At the first you got to check your connection settings. Then you have to see which is the default connection for applications.
    2. Then you have to check your GPS application settings.And always you got to set it to "always ask" because if u change the Sim frequently you got to change the settings accordingly.
    3. After that Enable cell info display in network settings,on AGPS it helps in getting GPS signals more quickly.