Thread: How to increase the MTNL speed in windows XP

How to increase the MTNL speed in windows XP

Hello
    I am having a Dell computer with the Windows XP operating system. The system configuration is 1GB RAM with the 2.2GHz Inter core 2 duo processor. Using the MTNL broadband service for accessing the internet from my home. The problem is the internet speed is gradually decreasing from the few days. Is it for the operating system? I am using the high speed internet service. I applied everything manually to speed up the internet service but still it gives me slow. Any suggestion will be thankful to you….

Re: How to increase the MTNL speed in windows XP

I had the similar issue with my internet connection, it also give me the slow speed. After that one of my friend suggest me to use the software which is named as Half-limit fix, which is very easy to install and works great with the Windows XP operating system. I like to share a few information about the software, go for this, it will help you to increase the speed of the internet. The “Half-limit fix” is a program designed to maximize the current TCP connection, it compatible with the Windows systemtcpip.sys file. This software was first introduced by the Microsoft with the Windows XP service pack 2, and now can works for the later versions also. It help to prevent the spread of the Virus and the malware from network to system. By this software you can customize the speed of the internet. It designed as to control the 10 outbound connection in the network, and the rest are forced into a queue. By that the speed of the connection will be increased in comparison with the other system. It is the most affected program, suggest you to download this and install it into your machine.

There is a simple way to solve the problem of the slow speed that you have mentioned, but you can apply this as a Administrator. You first go to START and then type the command gpedit.msc in the RUN option and hit on ENTER. After that you will see the Local computer policy into your computer screen. Expand the template branch of the Administrator. After that expand the network branch, and highlight the option named as “QoS Packet Scheduler”. Double click on the “Limit Reservable Bandwidth”, and make it enable. Change the bandwidth limit into 0%, and lastly click on Apply/ OK. Restart the machine with the Administrator user-ID and the password. Try this it will help you ….

The indexing service of the machine may also the cause for the slow speed the internet service. The computer will automatically search the index files from the files and the hard drives and it named as "searchable keyword index." You can turn off the feature if you are using the Windows XP operating system. I did this, this help me to speed up the internet in my machine, and like to suggest you to make a indexing in your computer with the steps that I mentioned bellow. You first go to My Computer and right click on the C: drive, proceed to the properties of the selected drive, where you will found the indexing option, allow the option to make the index of the drive. Also apply the changes to the sub files and the folders of the drive, this can also made much faster computer.