Thread: Issue in Reliance Broadband connection: Disconnection on dialing, connecting two sys

Issue in Reliance Broadband connection: Disconnection on dialing, connecting two sys

I got my Reliance Broadband Combo plan- 1099 having 1Mbps download speed and 1 Mbps upload installed on last night. I need to login using my user ID an password every time when I have to use Internet.when connected if you keep your browser Idle for some time even though you are using in the background like Torrent the connection gets terminated making the Internet unavailable thus blocked download and uploads. This is really a big issue to me as I use a lot of private trackers to download or upload 24x7 and I can't sit over there all the time to browse. The second issue is that I got ADSL modem made by INNOMEDIA and it has two LAN parts on back. When I am logged in through on system connected through LAN and I can not connect to internet via another computer which is connected to modem via Lan2 part. I want solution to this issue also as I am sharing my connection with one of my friend and why to buy a switch when modem already have two ports.

Re: Issue in Reliance Broadband connection: Disconnection on dialing, connecting two sys

Which operating system are you using. Well if you are using Windows 7 operating system then wait in front of your computer during the idle Internet session and a pop up will get displayed asking to disconnect or stay connected. This Internet connection will automatically get disconnected by default in 30 seconds if you have not selected stay connected through pop up. Select the "Never disconnect " option and you will be never disconnected when even in Idle internet session.I am also using Reliance wired Broadband an having the same issue of getting disconnection but it was resolved when I select never disconnect option. Hope this will help to get rid of your first problem.

Re: Issue in Reliance Broadband connection: Disconnection on dialing, connecting two sys

I am having BSNL 3G and having the same problem of getting disconnected when system is kept idle for some time. So follow the instruction given above to wait for some time in front of computer and a pop up comes and selected Never Disconnect option and this trick worked for me also. The pop up comes like a system dialogue.

I think that this issue is not only related to about idle timeout. I think it is more about login in certain intervals. I have search for it and I was commended to this python script(the python script I have attached below). And the python login script works fine. I have save this with .py extension and then installed python 2.1 and I use to run it using scheduler every half hour and now the download is not getting disconnected. I think there should be always some click around and it was not just about idle timeout you are suppose to login at certain interval of time as I am doing using this python script. I am going to this the script for long run ans then see whether the download stops or not and I will report you about its result.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TEcH GuRuJI; 23-10-2010 at 05:25 PM.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Thank you for the information I too have this problem of download get disconnected when computer is idle for some time I was think that this might be due to the idle timeout issue. But I have downloaded the script and run it using scheduler after every 30 minutes and the script is working flawlessly. I have never got logged off and my download also have not stopped. So this script has resolved my issue.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

In regard to use spare modem to set up two ADSL modem on a single line the answer is no.Because of the way ADSL work using the spare space and in your phone line the second ADSL modem will interfere. So you will get cut off when modem tried to send information. The only option for you is to get router as there is various wireless options. The wireless networking will require a wireless adapter on each computer. You will also able to share files and printers using your local network. There are also other options to get internet access to multiple systems but I think the best option would be router or better a wireless router.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter