Thread: Mblaze when connected freezes Windows XP

Mblaze when connected freezes Windows XP

I have Windows XP SP 2 on my system and I have Mblaze MTS for the internet connection. Now the problem is that whenever I try connecting to the internet using the modem the XP freezes. I do not know what is the reason behind this is there anything that you all can suggest. I have not seen anything like that the Mblaze is not going to work with XP. I have my friends in my locality and they have the same modem as mine and on their system they do not have any problem in using it. I was first using the Idea Net Setter and it was quite expensive and hence I thought that Mblaze will be a good option to go with. With the Idea Net Setter however I did not came up with any such issue, it was really working well with the system. Now I think that I have made a wrong choice. Is there something that you want me to do to get rid of this? The system works fine and without any problem when the modem is not connected and as soon as the modem is connected and asked to come in use, the Operating system freezes.

Re: Mblaze when connected freezes Windows XP

I do not think that the problem with you is that big. I just want to ask you, what is the operating system that your friends have on their system? I think that they are not using the Windows XP and if they are using it then I think that the service pack is 3. I have seen some of the cases where the customers have complained regarding the connections issues with the Mblaze but they were using either the Windows Vista or the latest Windows 7. On their complaints Mblaze MTS even launched a packet that contained an upgrade that solved all their issues. Well I think that if you want you can have your hand on it. It is just a guess and not a perfect answer or solution. Please post if the updates make any difference, in your case.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Thanks a lot for making the reply in my case, well my friends are having Windows Vista while some are having the Windows 7 Home Edition. I did not get it, is there anything like that that can bring so much difference. I do not think that the OS can play such roles. Well on your suggestions I will try to give a lay my hands on the updates that were released for the Windows Vista and the Windows 7. I will post if the updates will make the difference.

When it comes to technology I think you should be ready to expect the unexpected things. I am telling that because the OS is not a small thing and it can really bring big differences. I just want to tell you to upgrade the Service Pack of the Windows XP. You can have it from the official Website of the Microsoft. Well the things that do not work with the SP 2 have been observed to work well with the SP 3. Also I want to say that the Windows XP SP3 is equivalent to the Windows Vista and if the thing is working on the Vista for all of your friends then the chances are that it might work on your system as well after the upgrade. I am sure about these please give it a try and let me know if that worked.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Well I think that it will a nice thing if you can have the Reinstallation of the Operating System on your System. I am of the opinion that some of the file may have got corrupted on your system and it will be great if you can go for repairing the same or having the installation of the OS again. Also it is not a bad idea to have the SP 3 for you. Well it will be really nice if you can have that too with the clean installation. I have seen some of the post sin the complaint box of the MTS Mblaze and they are using the SP 2. Try this and i am sure that you will get the way.

The freezing issue may be because of the Corrupt Registry. When the registry keys, classes and settings get ruined, the thing is that Windows errors messages will start emerging. Actually the PC registry has the entire settings for the computer and fact is that the more a PC is used, the more complicated registry becomes. Also the registry gets crammed as more and more programs are used. In order to solve the issues the PC registry needs to be cleaned. I am sure that this will reduce the probability of freezing internet and PC. If you want you can do this by using a registry cleaner.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Well I think you will have to reinstall the drivers for the device. Well I am saying this because I think setup files that you had for the Idea Net Setter may be conflicting with the setup files of the MTS Mblaze. I just want you to uninstall all the drivers and the setup files that are in any manner related to the previous Net Setter. First of all delete it from the Control Panel and then delete some of the files in the C: Drive in the Program Files folder and then after that manually going in the registry and deleting each and every single file related to the IDEA. If you are not at all comfortable with the Registry then you can use the Registry Cleaner so that the case can be done in a simpler manner. Try all this things and I am sure that the Mblaze will work without any difficulties. Well if you are up to formatting and reinstalling the OS then you can first try this and then can proceed with the same. I am sure that this will help you to run the Mblaze on your system.