Thread: Reliance Netconnect Windows 7 support

Reliance Netconnect Windows 7 support

I have MS-Windows 7 Ultimate edition with reliance modem, now 7 days back I buy Reliance Netconnect Broadband + it workings proper for 1 day and on its next day to turn over date , this device end working. Whenever we dial this device for internet it gives below error:
    " A Connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings."
    I have re-installed this application almost 20 times, and in addition go by modem query but still it's not receiving connected, I try the equal on MS-Windows XP and it workings correct without any single error. My friend is also using his laptop with MS-Windows 7 Ultimate edition, on his laptop device is getting same error while connecting. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Reliance Netconnect Windows 7 support

Reliance broadband service can be used from side to side one of the many data cards that are obtainable with them. They are agitated or wireless USB devices which you can buy according to your wish. For installation of the data cards for your operating systems like Windows XP, Windows Vista, 2000, ME etc., you require to install their own drivers. You need to check with the replace official site for driver download.

The Reliance manufacture the modem plug ‘n’ play so need not to require to load the CD to fit the drivers, just plug it in an empty USB 2.0 slot an it put in the required drivers and dialer software, It effort without any harms on my Mac (iMac), Windows 7 and Windows Vista, do note that when you initial find the connection you require to activate it on one computer and I put forward you use and windows machine to do the equal (not recall the activation thing if the Reliance Webworld guys encompass finished it, you just require to do it once by dialing *228 in the activation tab).

I have taken the reliance EC168C Huawei modem and we can tell you that the speeds that you obtain in the HSD reporting areas are unbelievable (BTW we live in Hyderabad so all testing be done in this area) browsing the net be a pleasure the web pages were weight in a crack, I was averaging around 1.2 – 1.5 Mbps (120 – 150 kb/sec) through normal usage, and at period for a few seconds it was peak upto 2.5 Mbps while stream videos which is nice-looking good for a mobile broadband connection, really reliance says to expect around 500-600 kbps (60-70 Kb/sec).

To provide you an idea of the connection speed wit will be able to browse youtube videos (HD) mode with no any buffering matter, I even try Video Chat which was satisfactory, for file downloads I was talented toward download around 5-6 Mb of data in a minute to say the reality, I was not expectant the connectivity to be so good but I am happy that I am wrong, on the disadvantage the upload speeds were dismal I was just getting around 12 -18 Kb/sec for file uploads via ftp, nowhere near the advertise speeds of 1.8 Mbps (180 kb/sec).

The reliance modem is base on the CDMAx1 technology that Reliance phones also use, Reliance given name this data service as Reliance Netconnect and the do well theoretical speeds that this modem is competent of is 153kbps, but be expecting a peak speed of around 110 – 115 kbps (about 14 -15 KB/sec) and on an normal the speed hovers around 45 – 65 kbps in conditions of the practice it is like on a good dialup connection, so forget about stream videos or VOIP calls, but all-purpose browsing and checking emails is nice-looking functionally. I was able to browse sites contentedly even in a moving car, do note that the speed depends a lot on the network signal, condition the signal (max of 5 which you can know via the association software) is below 3 bars then the browsing practice is weak also at certain times of the day all through peak hours the speed is measured due to network congestion, the other good thing about Reliance Netconnect is that here are no roaming charges for connecting to the net within the country, so you get charged the same amount irrespective of the city you right to use the net.

I installed the USB modem on my HCL Mileap UMPC organization Vista Home edition and it install with no any issues, the software used to attach is attractive stable and has good functionality it works evenly fine on Windows XP, This USB modem also chains making voice calls / SMS apart from data connectivity which can be ended via software, as this device does not have any external power source it draws the power it wants from the USB port of the laptop / desktop, In my testing I create that my UMPC battery gave about 20% less encouragement time while I was associated to the net via this USB modem. The dealer also said it would also work with Linux / Mac, do note that reliance provides a pair of models and some previous ones do not support Vista.