Thread: Reliance Broadband 2 mbps unlimited Combo plan

Reliance Broadband 2 mbps unlimited Combo plan

I am staying in mumbai and I was using BSNL Broadband 1Mbps plan with unlimited download for Rs.999 but I am not getting the expected speed when playing online games and it randomly gets disconnected. So I was thinking to get Reliance Broadband but I do not have too much idea about Reliance Broadband plans. I am planning "Combo 600+night Booster top up" this tarrif plan. Can any one please tell me the upload/download speed during day time and night time for this plan? Since I use my net mostly for games so it is very important for me to Know about it.Please inform as soon as possible so that I can apply for this plan as this would take some time for doing connection.Your valuable suggestion would be appreciated.

re: Reliance Broadband 2 mbps unlimited Combo plan

As per my knowledge With 600Kbps you will get something about 65 to 75 kbps speed when you upload or download and with 1 Mbps you are going to get about 120-125 kbps speed when you upload or download. I am reliance user from last years and from my experience I would say that the speeds are consistent with Reliance and you will notice that there is no slow speed during peak hours.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Yes your upload speed will also double in the Combo 600+Night Booster top up plan.I have posted my speedtest screenshot of 1mbps unlimited Night booster and I will try to post screenshot after 10PM also when my speed becomes 2Mbps.
    The 1Mbps result speedtest.net
    Download speed= 1.00 Mbps
    Upload speed=1.41 Mbps
    The 1Mbps result PINGtest.net:
    PING: 37MS
    JITTER:4MS
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I am too looking for a broadband connection I have several options to this such as Reliance, BSNL and Tata. I was searching about them on net and I found this forum thank for the screenshot. Have some more doubts. How reliable is your Reliance Broadband connection? How much is the downtime in month? I am a gamer so please suggest for it keeping this in mind and I am staying in Delhi it would be helpful if you can post the upload and download speed for that plan.Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

I am using Reliance Broadband from more then two years and if you want my honest opinion I have faced very minor downtime. Major downtime was happened on 2 0r 4 occasions for whole week in last two years when all the providers were affected due to underwater sea cable cut. There is certain time when there net is down for few hours such as say 6-10 due to technical issue and this is all over the state and not only for my connection. In recent day I have a packet lost issue and the Reliance tech support send technician on very next day at my home and the problem was with my LAN card and the issue is resolved when I change my LAN card. So overall I am quite happy with my Reliance Broadband connection and hope it stays in this way. If you need any other info which I can give please let me know.

I am using Reliance Broadband from last year and my experience is totally different from Reliance Broadband .The downtime keeps changing from two weeks to three weeks. I have issue with packet loss and call to their customer support and they send their technician to solve the problem. After doing the work technician ask me to pay 200 and when I call about this to Customer care nothing is done. If you know the local technicians well then only go for Reliance Broadband. They even also has issue with their billing they can charge you for your last month bill also because their only system has some issues.
    Last edited by Adonis; 23-10-2010 at 04:26 PM.