Thread: BSNL Broadband problems: 500 error while opening sites?

BSNL Broadband problems: 500 error while opening sites?

While I try accessing some of the sites I get the 500 Error. Well I do not know anything about this. I have noticed that this error is with the Indian users only. Well I am listing the sites that are giving me the errors. Here is the list:
    • freelancer.com
    • mozilla.com
    • gmail.com
    • rapidshare.com

and the list can go on. What is the problem with this? All the above sites give me the same error: 500 Error - Web Site is Temporarily Unavailable

Re: BSNL Broadband problems: 500 error while opening sites?

In my opinion I think that there is some issue with the DNS from their side. I would recommend you to see for the DNS settings of yours. It can be done easily. Well if you want you can get this done in a simpler manner. First of all on your PC go to the Control Panel. After that go in the Network Connection, there you will find the Local Area Connection. Click on it and then go and select the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties. There you will be able to see the DNS Server Address. Just enter the below figures and I am sure that it will be solved:
    Preferred DNS server: 208.67.222.222
    Alternate DNS server: 208.67.220.220

I think that this can be solved simply if you can clear the cache of the Browser. Sometimes the cache of the browsers can cause you the trouble. If that does not help then I you can try deleting the temporary internet files. Go to the Run and there type temp and clear all the files there. After that again go to the Run and this time type %temp% and again delete all the files in that folder. Hope that this will really help you.

The error 500 is a server side error. That means that there is neither problem with your computer nor with your Internet connection. I am dam sure that instead the problem is with the site server. Usually this error is seen when there is something wrong with the site server. Actually the error is thrown when the server cannot determine the exact cause of the problem. Let the server rectify the problem itself and then try opening the site.

Well did you give a try to the Opera Turbo? I think that this can really help you in opening all that sites. Hope that this will work for you too. Opera Turbo utilizes advanced compression technology in order to speed up the data transfer. Also in addition to that it reduces the amount of data that needs to be downloaded. In this way the Opera Turbo works. Keeping the fingers crossed for you.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

If at all the settings that Suprakash gave for the DNS does not work then I think that you can go for the Google DNS. All the things that Suprakash suggested are same expect for the last step. All you have to do is change the Preferred DNS server: 208.67.222.222 and the Alternate DNS server: 208.67.220.220 to the Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8 and Alternate DNS server: 4.4.4.4. Sometimes this helps. I hope the same for you.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Well the sites are really working fine and they are now opening by itself. I have seen that they are not having any trouble now. They must have worked out automatically. Well thanks for advising the Opera Turbo. I have downloaded this thing and I am sure that in future if at all I will have this problem then I can have a solution ready in advance. Thanks a lot guys.