Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > India BroadBand
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2010

Airtel Broadband Slow Speed High Ping Problem

Hello I am writing this forum because of my Airtel broadband problem. I am getting very poor ping. Ping time is very high. I have cleaned my all cookies files and temporary files but still it is same. I do not what to do. Whenever I call to Airtel customer care, they just give me suggestion to clean cookies and of temporary files but as I told above, it is not giving me solution. These are my ping details:
google.com:317ms avg
yahoo.com:500ms
bbc.com:347ms average
broadbandforum.in:825ms
Is anyone here who is facing same problem? is there any solution please tell me.
Old 10-10-2010

Re: Airtel Broadband Slow Speed High Ping Problem

Yes buddy I am also suffering with its bandwidth and Ping time problem. I want to change my broadband services. You know its downloading speed is very low. I have tried all possible things done with it but nothing is helpful for me. This is not final fault in Airtel Broadband; it is the most costly Broadband Company and providing the same poor services as I was getting from other. Now finally I am going to change it.
Old 10-10-2010

You know I was using BSNL services from last one year and Basnl is master in ping rate. Its ping time is as high as you can assume in your dreams. Then I swapped to Aritel Broadband, I was known that it is costly but I was ready to pay more for it better services but now I will say that, Airtel has joined BSNl club and it is also giving same problem. I cheked my ping rate and these were:
Google: 289 ms avg
Yahoo: 450 ms
Old 10-10-2010

Hello everyone here! I read all the replies and I think so I am luck because I am not getting this entire problem. My ping rate and downloading speed is also very good. But yes I am sure about BSNl because I have experience its services. When I was using it, I was getting 332 kbps speed on my 512 kbps plan. Means I was losing almost 170 kbps speed because of their poor cables. But in Airtel you will never notice these entire problem but you people have some extra ordinary case
Old 10-10-2010

I cannot say anything about ping timing but I am getting good downloading speed. Even I do not know that how AVG ping rate I should have. I made some test on my system and I am sending you all those details
Google = 36ms
Yahoo = 268 ms
Josh18 = 13ms
Please tell me is this reports is good or not. Ok I am waiting for your reply.
Old 14-10-2010

I am from Mumbai and I am sorry for replying as non Airtel user. I am using MTNL broadband at my house and I think so its performance is ok. I am happy because its not as costly as you peoples are taking form Airtel broadband. My ping reports are:
google.co.in - 57 ms
google.com - 210
yahoo.com - 155
yahoo.co.in - 57

TechArena Community > Technology > India BroadBand
Tags: , , , , , , , ,