Thread: VMC AN1020-21 modem not recognizing my laptop

VMC AN1020-21 modem not recognizing my laptop

I have a modem from the BSNL the modem is VMC AN1020-21. Well it is fine that I got this when I was having problem with the previous modems. The problem with this is that now I cannot make it recognize the laptop that I am using. I do not know if this is because of the operating system but I am sure that it can be because of the new modem. Any help.

Re: VMC AN1020-21 modem not recognizing my laptop

Please try to open the default home page of the modem. See that if you can get the homepage open. Where have you connected the modem to, is it at the USB or the RJ 45 LAN port. I am asking this because I was having the problem with the modems LAN port and hence had to switch to the USB. Please let me know where the modem is connected too. After that I can help you with that.

I am also having the same issue with the PC. The modem cannot be recognized. Well I can see the home page of the Router but I cannot help with the settings in the modem. Can you all please let me get away with the settings? Also I get the request time out option. Please suggest me something that can help me. I am really disappointed with the new router of the BSNL. I will be happy to set the Internet Connection on the USB.

Well I am sure that the thing that you are able to see on the browser is because of the cache memory of the browser. You can see the default page but when you go for the setting it will not get you with that. If the settings are set to the LAN than I am sure that the LAN port on the motherboard is dead. Please try to ping the LAN port. If you want you can ping the IP address and see if that I am telling the truth.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I think that you need to install the drivers for the new modem. Please ask the BSNL for the drivers for the VMC AN1020-21 so that you can get away with the settings. You can see for the drivers in the CD that was given to you with the modem itself or if not that than you can download the drivers from the net all the way. Please see if the LAN port of the motherboard is working. Please post me afterwards and let me know if I am correct.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

If you want to connect the modem with the USB then you will need to install the drivers for the USB connection. All the procedure for configuring this is same as that was done in case of the LAN. The wizard will guide you with the installation. I hope that you will be able to get away with this. While configuring please see that the settings do not get conflict with the settings of the LAN. If you want you can click on the Obtain IP address automatically and I am sure that this will really help, as it is working well with us.

Re: VMC AN1020-21

hi I am using dell laptop in which its recognising the bsnl wifi connection but unable to connect. even the same with my mobile ...it doesnt shows any error simply its not connecting i have tried every thing in the post i found in net

it doesn't shows any error simply its not connecting i have tried every thing in the post I found in net
    It would be better to provide some appropriate solutions if you mention the error in details that you are getting. Anyways I would like to ask you that, have you updated your driver with it.

hi

can any one help me . i want set wifi password for my BSNL AN1020-21 modem

You can set the password for your wifi by doing WPA encryption. Just open any browser and type the default address, that is 192.168.1.254. This will open your routers default page, enter user name and password. Now under any section there is an option for WPA Password. Set any password of your choice and save. That's it.

For more info check out these Articles:
    How to Set Wifi Password ?
    How to make Wi-Fi secure