Thread: Best Data Card In India

Best Data Card In India

Recently I am just coming from usa to india. My current city is Mumbai. I need help in choosing the right Data Card for me. I found mts / Idea / Airtel or Reliance. Apart from that i need to know whether BSNL/MTNL too give this option or not. Actually my avg. usage would be between 4 GB to 5 GB of Download / upload. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Best Data Card In India

Mobile broadband is comparatively new in India and is only provide by Bsnl evdo, Reliance netconnect plus and Tata indicom photon plus in addition bsnl 3g and Mtnl 3g which haven’t really picked up very well due to their enormously high cost which is out of reach of the common man. Out of these Mobile broadband options I have used Reliance USB modem which provide a max speed of 3.1mbps and the Tata photon plus which again claims to provide a speed of 3.1 mbps and I find both of them to be okish with Reliance’s network coverage to be on the improved side when out of metro cities as Tata doesnt have as many towers I believe in rural areas or even suburban areas. Both of them are priced similarly with not much of a difference.

MTS Data Card provides broadband Internet speed up to 3.1 mbps.There are two MTS Data Card .One is the Standard Data Card accessible at price of Rs.1,999.The additional data card is Premium data card.It will cost Rs.2,299.The difference between the two datacards is their look-and-feel (Premium is a bit stylish) and the Premium contains a microSD card slot for data storage.MTS Data Card is also called MTS MBlaze.

The IDEA Net Setter is linked to a portable computer or PC by a USB interface. In the service area of the EDGE/GPRS/GSM network, user can wirelessly surf the Internet, send/receive messages and emails. With the high speed, consistent performance, and easy action of the IDEA Net Setter, the users can enjoy much more in experiencing the wireless network.

Airtel’s Wireless Internet comes third in the top three data cards in India. The only disadvantage to the Airtel Wireless connection is that it only workings with laptops and notebooks. Airtel Wireless also provide real time locked VPN access while being on the move. This internet connection from Tata Indicom Plug 2 Surf also agree to users to use it on laptops as well as PC’s, and you get speeds of up to 153 kbps. There are rental charges of the USB modem which really start from Rs99 per month, and the cost of the rental all depend on your price plans and time based.