Thread: getting missed calls from scam numbers and when called back huge amount is deducted

getting missed calls from scam numbers and when called back huge amount is deducted

Recently I have started getting a lot of missed calls from some mobile numbers. I thought why not call to one of them back but after calling on one of these numbers immediately my Rs. 20 was deducted for only 2 seconds. If I kept it for more than 6-8 seconds then more than 60 Rs. was deducted from my mobile amount. I am already using a DND service on my mobile number so why I am getting this scam calls? Can anyone tell me how do I tackle this type of scam calls in the future? Thank you

Re: getting missed calls from scam numbers and when called back huge amount is deducted

This resembles the one-ring phone scam that has become prevalent recently. I learned that scammers dial random phone numbers simultaneously and let the phone ring long enough to generate a missed call. But it's a premium phone number and calling back would cost the victim enormous charges. So refrain from calling the number back. Instead, contact your telephone service provider and have them look into your account. You can have the caller blocked, too.

Re: getting missed calls from scam numbers and when called back huge amount is deducted

Even I used to get all this scam numbers and after searching a bit I found that those are all international numbers so DND or Do Not Disturb wont work on these mobile numbers in anyways. So, please dont bother them calling back again even if you get calls from these scammers for 4-5 times in a day. The calls that i was getting from mobile numbers starting with +4. You can however try to add these numbers to block list as they come. There is no other way to block them at the moment apart from this method.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

You dont have to use any apps for blocking this scam call mumbers as well. All you need to do is simply add those numbers to a single contact and forward that contact to a voicemail. It will work properly if you are not using the voicemail feature since all the calls are forwarded to a non-existing number. However, you can also use any call blocking application if you have voicemail feature enabled.

Yes, I am afraid that there is no way these numbers can be blocked by DND services and even by the mobile provider that you are using. But if you have a Samsung android smartphone then you can easily blacklist these numbers by using its in-built blacklist option. Other phones like HTC also has these type of call blocking features in-built. Another one, Truecaller app can also be used to block all these scam calls.