Thread: * BSNL Broadband: Help me in finding latest firmware for Nokia Siemens SL2_141 ADSl Wireless Modem

* BSNL Broadband: Help me in finding latest firmware for Nokia Siemens SL2_141 ADSl Wireless Modem

I recently got BSNL unlimited 750 plan. My modem is Nokia siemens SL2_141 ADSL wireless modem. This modem I got from BSNL Broadband.I am having some issue while connecting and my one friend told me that upgrading to the latest firmware may solve the issue. can any one help me in finding the Latest Firmware for this modem. Thank you in advance. Your effort will be appreciated.

Re: * BSNL Broadband: Help me in finding latest firmware for Nokia Siemens SL2_141 ADSl Wireless Modem

I have the same modem from BSNL i.e., siemen sl2_141 ADSL. I even need to update bur I could not find any update on net. But why you need to update your firmware. Are you having any problem with this modem? Will you please brief about your issue? So that we can try to guide you further for your problem.So inform as soon as possible.

Re: * BSNL Broadband: Help me in finding latest firmware for Nokia Siemens SL2_141 ADSl Wireless Modem

You can go to motive.bsnl.co.in/message.php website. After login browse your modem model number and you will have the latest firmware for your modem over there. Even I update my firmware also and It is working fine for me. Try to update using this and this is the latest firmware for this modem available. Hope this link will help you to update your firmware and if you have any other issue let me know.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

i am staying at mumbai and when I try to download it from this site then it display the following message "Dear customer, we cannot extend this service to you as you are in different network ". so can you post the full link of the download website? If possible provide procedure for updating the firmware. Please help me your effort will be appreciated. Thank you in Advance.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Can you tell some additional information. such as
    1]why you need to update the Firmware?
    2] Is port forwarding option not available?
    3]You are using Dialar mode or ppp/pppoe mode. No upgrade is available for siemens SL2_141.
    4]Try in "always on" mode also try by login 192.168.1.1.
    One important thing get feedback before attempting to upgrade the Firmware because the firmware update does not help any more. and see that your are upgrading to the latest version.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Open Browser and type 192.168.1.1/mail.html in the url. Login using default username and password as admin. You will get an advanced menu option. And select LAN. Click ppp/pppoe mode and make VPI as 0 and VCI as 35. Enter userId and password again. Save all the changes. Reboot and wait for two minutes. And tell me whether you need WIFI also. Hope this will help to get rid of your issue.