Thread: Not getting 2mbps speed in Airtel

Not getting 2mbps speed in Airtel

Hi i am using the Airtel broadband service from the last one year and it is giving me less than 2 mbps speed. Initially i was using the speed of 512 kbps speed of service and i think that it was working better than the current one. The other thing here is that the download speed is also slowed down a bit. Ans currently when i checked the speed than it was below 2mbps also not 1mbps also when i try to play the 720 HD videos than the buffering speed is the lowest can you please tell me that how can i increase the speed of it.

Re: Not getting 2mbps speed in Airtel

I think that you are not happy with the services that you are getting , but i would like to tell you that it is not that you will get the same speed continuously in fact the speed is the only factor that varies from network session to session. Also one thing i would like to tell you that please do not under estimate Airtel because it has a big name and the name it self suggest that it has quality, And the speed factor that first you try and consult with the service provider and see to it whether they take any action.

If you are not getting the perfect speed as mentioned by the company then first of all you check that the network is coping with it perfectly or not, and this you can do it by the Ping command. And the other thing here is that if you are facing this problem then try to fire a complaint regarding the issue and then let the company try and sort out the problem. Don't panic if there is any such issue than the Airtel service center will take care of it.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I was also facing the similar problem and me too was using the Airtel, and i was having the 2 mbps business plan in my office and i was paying 1300 Rs for it. I use to get 8GB download limit for a month and after crossing 8GB limit, the cost will be directly it will be Rs 1 or 2 per MB. That was full waste of money. Please do remember that whatever contention ratio Airtel says that they are having is false, and I assure you that it is 1:50 or so for most customers.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

It seems to me that if you are getting such problems from a period of time now then why don't you change the service provider of yours just try and change it and see the change. There are lots of competitors of Airtel currently in the market and the other thing is that you may get the same plan in the cheap cost so don't worry make a change Try Vodafone, BSNL , MTNL or any other that you prefers the best.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Thank you all of for giving me your vital suggestion and also for spending the time for finding the solution. I did the possible things to get the speed of 2mbps but failed in the end. Then i realized that it is not possible to get the speed of 2mbps , so i decided not to change my plan and stick to it also i fired a complaint to the Airtel customer care services that they should look after it and do the possible things to increase the speed of my network.