Thread: Torrent Speed on Home Unlimited 750

Torrent Speed on Home Unlimited 750

Prior to this I am using limited download BSNL plan, but the problem is I am getting heavy bill for month. So I change my plan to unlimited and now using Home UL750. I am using utorrent for downloading, even then I am getting only 20-30kbps download speed. I have done port forwarding and I had enabled firewall. Using modem ZTE ZXDSL 531B which also has wifi. Please help me so that I can increase the download speed. Thank you in Advance.

Re: Torrent Speed on Home Unlimited 750

As per my knowledge it is more than enough as you are getting 55-60 kbps download speed under BSNL UL750. So I think you do not need any download manager. No download manager software can provide more than this speed. The theory behind this is that the BSNL UL750 plan is 256kbps line and this can give you only 32kbps download speed and you are getting 55-60 kbps which is fine and it is more than enough.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

having the same plan and getting 34 kBps average download speed. The max download speed sometime I get 50-60 kBps. But I think in India over tuned my Modem or some other methods and using NAT DMZ option and In advanced option in utorrent increase the net half open port. By doing this max it allowed 50kBps. Can any one tell what the Virtual server option is?
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I think you guys are confused between 'b' and 'B'. 1B=8b capital B stands for bytes and small b stands for bits. As you have 512kbps BSNL plan and getting 30kBps is more than enough which means you are getting 30x8=240kbps download speed. so i think you do not need to use any download manager and no download manager is going to provide more than this. Hope now the difference between the kbps and kBps is cleared.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

You can use virtual server to open specific port, using this you can open those port which you require to decrease the traffic or for some security purpose. Whereas DMZ is used to forward all the traffic to one pc and hence opening all the ports. DMZ is like port forwarding. And it’s changing effects the internet speed. Hope this will help you to solve your problem.

I read the plan specifications and it is given that the plan will provide the bandwidth of 256kbps. So you will get the download speed of 32kBps. As you are getting speed of 30-32kBps for downloading than this is the best speed you are having. To know the download in broadband plans just divide the number by eight such as 256/8=32.Hope this help you.

If your download speed is too less than 30 kBps then follow the below instruction:
    1. If there is any joints than replace the joints with single wire and see that your line is OK.
    2. Try to use firefox browser instead of explorer and make use of open DNS>
    3. And try to get the upgraded torrent.
    Hope this will help to resolve your issue.