Thread: speed automatically increased speed from 512 k Mbps to 2mbps

speed automatically increased speed from 512 k Mbps to 2mbps

Hello Everybody,
    I am using Airtel broadband connection since 6 months. I am having 999 plans. In this plan I supposed to get 512kbps speed. I have to pay 999 every month. Till yesterday I was getting 610kbps as download speed. But it surprised me that today I am getting speed of 2mbps. Around 250kbps is my download speed. I am not getting why my speed has upgraded. Can anybody suggest what could be the reason? I have not demanded for any speed plan. Are they going to charge for this at end of the month?.

Re: speed automatically increased speed from 512 k Mbps to 2mbps

Hello friend, I read your issue regarding the Airtel broadband. It is good news that you are getting more speed now. As you said you are using 999 plans. It is the unlimited plan you are using. In which you are supposed to get the 512kbps speed okay. You are using this plan since 6 months. I think they have brought the changes into the plan. Now they are providing the 2mbps speed in just 999. So it’s great time for you.

Hi guys, from my point of view you should immediately contact to customer care of the Airtel broadband for this issue. Otherwise there could be increase in your bill. I think by mistaken you have upgraded to this plan. You are in different plan. You are in 1699 plan man. I am having this plan. I get 2mbps speed and unlimited downloading. I just pay 1699 every month. If there is any change in the plan then it should also reflect to me also. So I will recommend contacting the customer care.

Hello friend I am having 1099 plan of Airtel broadband. I pay 1099 every month. I supposed to get 1mbps speed and 15bg of usages as per the policy. But since last month I am also getting the 2mbps speed. There is no changes in my bill I just paid 1099 in this month. I think Airtel change brought the changes to the plan scheme. They have made constant 2mbps speed for the all plan. It great time for the Airtel users.

Thank you for giving the reply on my post. Really it’s great time for the Airtel users. I have called up to customer care and talk about this. They are really providing the 2mbps speed to all its users. They have not told me till what time we will have in this plan. But recently I am enjoying the Airetel services. Plan have not changed and you have to pay same monthly bill. Just your speed has changed to 2mbps.

Hello friend, I am planning to have a internet connection. In my locality airtel is used by the most of the people. But in my locality Hathway is also doing well. So I suggestion from side that which internet connection should i have. I want unlimited download. monthly rent less than 800 ans speed should be 512kbps. So please suggest me the option to choose internet connection.

idea Re: speed automatically increased speed from 512 k Mbps to 2mbps

well.....2 years back i got airtel broadband plan of 549.....with 256kbps speed....30kbps speed on torrent. after some six months my speed automatically increased to 512kbps with 60-70kbps on torrents.no extra charges.
    then 2 months back they started fup on my connection but with 2mbps up to 10gb. and somehow for the last 2 days....even though my 10 gbs were consumed 10 days back.....i am getting full on 2mbps.

so....it should be the same thing that happened 1.5 years back to me....or its a glitch from their side. either ways...they can't charge u extra....and if they do...u always have consumer court.