Thread: 15 DAYS FREE DOWNLOAD OFFER for New Customers of BSNL Broadband?

15 DAYS FREE DOWNLOAD OFFER for New Customers of BSNL Broadband?

I stay in mumbai and just recently got BSNL 500C plan activated with new connection. Today I register myself to self-care website for BSNL orissa. Now when I login it displays that first 15 days are completely free. For that it says ACTIVE. So does it mean that I can use the net for day and night free for first fifteen days. But when I check unbilled page it shows 524mb download and 125mb upload excluding night units. So I was confused that on my account it display 15 day free offer but in usage it is logged. Does any one has some more information about this. Please inform.

Re: 15 DAYS FREE DOWNLOAD OFFER for New Customers of BSNL Broadband?

If possible please post your usage statistics. I will suggest you to talk to any reliable BSNL person. Because the offer was there before six month but I am not sure if they continued the same. As you mention on your account it say 15 days free. Make sure that chargeable units excluding night is zero and if it is not zero then be careful while using the bandwidth. better is to contact to BSNL customer care.

as you mentioned above so I think you account is not having any free 15 days download offer. And if you are using it between 7.00AM to 1.PM then you will be charged if use unlimited. So the best thing is that you make a call to BSNL customer care and avail of the offer. Otherwise later time it may result in a high bill for the month. I can help you this much only in this case. Hope it will help you.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Having the same issue with my 500C plan. did you make call and dis you get any reply. If yes so what they replied it is active or not. Because I call to CSE 3-4 times and I am confused someone is saying that it is active on my account and some says that it is not active for me. In my account the chargeable units excluding the night unlimited is showing 5160MB. so whom should I trust please give your valuable suggestion.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

i will suggest you to record that call who says that the 15 days free download is active on your account and you will be safe. Because the BSNL has started a small court which is conducted on every month and most of their cases go in the favor of customers. My one friend's bill cross 25K in the same plan and he post his complain in their court and he just need to pay only 5K and got it solve. So record it when next time you make call.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I call to 1504 customer acre and ask them about 15 day free download offer in my account and they replied that it is activated. But I don’t trust it because my plan is USOF 150 which is 1Gb limited. I applied for the connection on 20th Aug 2010 and the net was activated on 20 sep 2010. I made call about this offer and they told that this offer is active from 20 sep 2010 to 5 oct 2010.

guys i am new to this site.i would b very thankful to all people if u could help me in this....i got a bsnl 500 plan which has night download free...along with that i got a 15 day unlimited usage offer...but when the bill came i was just schocked...my bill was 36000...they have accounted my usage from 11th day...when i asked customer care, i was told it was for 15days from date of connection...i am from tamilnadu..plz provide me a solution guys...i wil be really thankful to u for ur help

Quote Originally Posted by jayanth500 View Post
    i got a bsnl 500 plan which has night download free...along with that i got a 15 day unlimited usage offer...but when the bill came i was just schocked...my bill was 36000...they have accounted my usage from 11th day...
    You have to argue with them for the 15 days free usage. tell them that you have signed the document that refers about 15 days free usage. They will force you to pay the amount but you have to stick with your mind. Dont pay them extra what they do not deserve.

thanks for ur reply...but there is nothing like signing a document...as soon as i got my connection,i called the customer care &he told me that,the offer will b from 15 days from the date of connection...but it didn happen...now the bsnl people want me to pay the bill

Really unfair.. Why should we pay the bill if they have the offer of free 15 days. Why don't you argue with them? Did they announced this offer in media? If yes, than everybody knows that it’s free. If it was me, i would have never paid the bill.

yes...this was advertised in the hindu newspaper...only after which i got the connection