Thread: Data LED Red ON Teracom Modem

Data LED Red ON Teracom Modem

I am getting low speed and sometime it is frequently getting disconnected. And from today morning when I try to open google It is not getting connected. I have Teracom Type-1 Modem and do not have wi-fi. After this problem the data LED is red and LAN speed shows 10 mbps. I also check the phone line and it is fine as there is no distortion. Even I tried to connect using both LAN and USB but nothing works. Can any one give any suggestion to solve this issue?

Re: Data LED Red ON Teracom Modem

Does you have manual for setting. If not then download user manual from bsnlbroadband site. Do not update the firmware for sometime. Make sure that the modem setting are right and there is no changes in setting. YOu can visit to calcuttatelephone site for more details to resolve your problem. And make sure that the telephone line is fine and there is no distortion in the phone line. Hope this help you to solve your issue.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Whenever I open anything for the first time it direct me to the motive.bsnl.co site. It was irritating so I updated my Firmware but after it work fine for two days and now I am unable to connect to internet. Noe the Data LED is glowing RED. I have Teracom type 1 modem and do not have wifi. Now I don't know what to do please inform me to solve this problem.Thank you in Advance.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

As you mentioned that you have updated your firmware of Teracon Type I modem and now you are unable to connect to the internet. Even I did the same mistake and suffering from this problem. So I need to go to my nearest BSNL Exchange office with my modem and they reset my modem back to its previous factory setting. After doing this my modem once again start working fine. I think you need to go to the nearest BSNL office and reset the setting and please don't upgrade the FW.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Thank for the information I went to my nearest Exchange office and they reset my modem to normal factory setting. And now my modem is working nice and I can connect to the net. But when I open anything for the first time it redirect me to motive.bsnl.co.in site which I don’t need. Can you tell me any solution to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

I recently resetted the same modem Teracom type I. After resetting when I try to open google I was unable to connect to the Internet. The DSL light is continuously blinking. I am using pppoe mode. I enter the right password and username in configuration but nothing help. Please help to get rid from this problem. Your effort will be appreciated.

First check the cable that that connects to your router to splitter. Try to check all the connection and most important all the splitter connection. Make sure that the wire that goes to router is connected via splitter to the modem otherwise it will not work. See to the back of the router that the two jacks are connected properly. DSL is plug in the DSL jack. This may be the reason for blinking of LED.