Thread: Will CDMA be more preferred than GSM in India?

Will CDMA be more preferred than GSM in India?

Well I prefer a lot to use the GSM in addition to this I am also content with the performance that it is giving me at this very moment. I had a quarrel with one of my friend last night on this whether CDMA is better or GSM. We had a lot of discussion on this and hence I decided to get this discussion here on this forum. I will be really pleased to get the discussion on this very topic. Also I would be happy if GSM wins.

Re: Will CDMA be more preferred than GSM in India?

Well I really fear that if you compare the voice quality that both the CDMA and the GSM give then I have seen that the CDMA is really high on the scale. In addition to all this I have also found that in case of obtaining the seamless network the CDMA is lot lot better in all respect. Also if you are asking about the popularity between the CDMA and GSM then in India 65 percent of the people yet use the CDMA keeping MUMBAI aside.

It all depends on the amount of money that you are spending on the mobile phone. If at all you are spending a good amount of money on the CDMA mobile phone then you are bound to get the nice features of the CDMA. You will be able to get nice voice quality and nice network coverage; at the last node if you ask me then I think that CDMA will be preferred in this country.

I am really disappointed that India is not having the best CDMA devices. But today the things are changing. We have Android based CDMA devices that have arrived and they are much better than any competing options we have on the market today.it will be really nice to see if Apple releases a CDMA edition of the iPhone next year, Android could really become a popular smartphone platform if the Reliance and Tata both can do a better job of marketting them.

Well whatever may be the condition, but in India I have found that it will be better if the people can have the better battery back-up. So I think that CDMA will not be popular thing. I have also found that if at all Reliance can come up with some interesting features and a little more battery backup for the CDMA mobile then they will really help you get the things turn for the CDMA.

I think that the discussions that have been made here is more than enough. I think that it will be really nice to use the CDMA if you want better voice quality. If you want better battery then I think it will be wise to go with the GSM and with a proper and branded handset. If you want to have more clear distinction then I would suggest you to go for the following links:
    1.Best CDMA Service Provider in India
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter