Thread: How to set up a BSNL broadband connection using type 2 modem in windows XP

How to set up a BSNL broadband connection using type 2 modem in windows XP

Two people from BSNL delevired my Modem i.e.,Wireless Nokia siemens SL2141 and they try to set up the connection on my system with windows xp installed on it. But they were not successful in setting the connection. While leaving they took the Modem Cd with them. Currently I am using the net from local net operator. i do not have too much knowledge about this. Does any one can provide me the basic detailed information so that I can connect my system? Thank you

Re: # How to set up a BSNL broadband connection using type 2 modem in windows XP

I have the same modem and windows vista installed on my laptop and I am able to connect to Internet. i do not have too much idea about windows xp but I think you need to create a new connection through internet connection.Try to download a Dialer and after downloading click it and enter your userID and password. Also download pppoe client software in your PC.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Re: # How to set up a BSNL broadband connection using type 2 modem in windows XP

Have you tried the suggestion given by the techman and does your problem is resolve or not. If the problem still persist then try this technique. Go to start/ all programs/accesories/communications/Network setup wizard and try Always ON connection see if it is getting connected. If not then try LANport/ Ethernet in PC and later try wireless. this modem is somewhat similar to Beetel 220BX use by Airtel people.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Thank for your suggestion but still the problem persist. After trying this I made call to BSNL customer care and they told that I am having this problem because of parallel phone line connection. i am getting a lot of disturbance when connecting to modem and phone is getting disconnected frequently. and they told me that if I fix the Phone line right. Please help me how I can fix my phone line.

Re: How to set up a BSNL broadband connection using type 2 modem in windows XP

When you are having such type of problem and even your operator is not taking any care to solve it. Even you are having frequent disconnection. Then I will suggest you to change your operator. As you are ataying in Mumbai my one friend is in Mumbai and he is using Airtel 4 Mbps. So you can also go for Airtel 4Mbps plan. And he is not having such issues ever.