Thread: Configure the settings of Teracom Type 1 modem for BSNL Broadband connection

Configure the settings of Teracom Type 1 modem for BSNL Broadband connection

I have BSNL UL750 plan and I was using Nokia siemens modem which got out of order and I connect to the internet by creating a new connection. Now i bought Teracom Type 1 modem model no is T1-B-DSL699E9.4U6-5 for internet connection. But now I am unable to connect to internet using this modem. So someone please tell me the configure details so that i can use Teracom modem for accessing Internet connection. Please tell what should I do? thank you in Advance.

Re: Configure the settings of Teracom Type 1 modem for BSNL Broadband connection

Even I have the same issue with Teracom modem but the different is that I was able to connect the Internet prior to this using Network and setting option. But now it is not getting connected when I update my firmware. Does I need to make some changes to setting? Are there is bug in the updated version? If you have any solution to this problem please inform me. Your effort will be appreciated.

Re: Configure the settings of Teracom Type 1 modem for BSNL Broadband connection

I don't understand why you are worried too much? As you have taken a new modem and not able to configure it so call the BSNL tech people, they will come and set it up for you. why you are thinking to do it manually when some technical person will solve your issue by coming at your home. Don't waste your time in making some wrong configuration. So just make call to BSNL customer care and inform them about your problem.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

If you are using the teracom modem then do not upgrade the firmware of teracom type I modem. the upgraded version is having some compatibility issue with this modem. when i updated the firmware was unable to connect to the internet. I try different setting but nothing works. Then I went to their office and rollback the upgrade. If you had upgraded your firmware then the option you have is to rollback the update.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

The one more issue with Teracom modem If you download the USB driver from BSNL site then teracom modem does not work in USB mode. When you connect the USB modem to the system and reboot. Windows will not detect new hardware. I had installed the USB driver and having this issue. Does any one else has installed the USB Drivers for Teracom modem? If yes and working fine please inform me.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I am having windows 7 operating system on my system. I recently purchased the Telecom modem. When I went for installing driver I got an error. I am able to connect to internet and my Ethernet port is working fine. But I am planning to set up wifi for my laptop so that I can use Internet for both system. so please provide the detail info to solve this issue.