Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > India BroadBand
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010

Airtel.com site redirects to a Vodafone site!

I have bought a new desktop computer and also a new internet connection and it is going well. I access it all the time. I just wanted to know is when I try to visit the Airtel.com site then it redirected to the Vodafone forum. I realize that Airtel.com is redirects to Vodafone site. I don’t know why it is happening; I don’t have sufficient knowledge on this if anyone having idea then please tell me.
Old 07-10-2010

Re: Airtel.com site redirects to a Vodafone site!

Yes I think you are right I have search through question from that I come to know that Airel is acquired by Vodafone. So because of this when you go for visiting Airtel.com it redirected you to the Vodafone site. If you directly don?t want to go on Vodafone site. If you are having any other question then please reply me.
Old 07-10-2010

I think you must have typed wrong domain name I also access the internet very much and also many of time I have typed the wrong domain. I think you should disable the setting of auto complete address input which suggest the domain, by doing this you cannot get mistype the domain name. I hope this information may help you.
Old 07-10-2010

As per your question I am completely agree with you. When I typed Airtel.com it redirected to the Vodafone site. New correct Airtel address is now became “Airtel.in”. If you want to visit on airtel site you have to type Airtel.in now. Airtel and Vodafone are same company now however the trademark “Airtel” is not using anymore.
Old 07-10-2010

I have receive many of information about your question and main reason behind this issues is your browser is not working the properly. You may have using the old version of the browser and because of that the browser which you are using is directing to you on the different site. I advise you to change your browser and install new updated browser.
Old 07-10-2010

I was facing the same problem as you are facing now, then I asked to my service provide they told me that it could be happened due to a strong virus. A virus can infect you browser and can automatically redirect you to the another site. So they told me to install a good anti virus for this and believe me my problem is sort out. I suggest you the same.
Old 17-11-2010

Airtel.com redirects to
Code:
http://airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/airtel.in/airtel.in/Home

TechArena Community > Technology > India BroadBand
Tags: , , , ,