Thread: Average speed in BSNL Broadband 500 c plane

Average speed in BSNL Broadband 500 c plane

In my BSNL Broadband 500C plan average download speed i get is 120-170kbps. But this speed is not consistent usually this speed comes only 10-15 days as there is frequent disconnection. I remember once i got 210kbps which is the max speed yet i got. Does any one is getting 230 or 250kbps speed?How much download speed you are getting? Is there any way so that i can increase my download speed.Please inform me.

Re: Average speed in BSNL Broadband 500 c plane

You can check your download speed by going to speed test site. select server where you are staying and then click to start the test. When you click on the server your test will start. When your test is over you will have the result on your screen. It will show you both your download speed as well as your upload speed. You can cut this image and paste it over this forum.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I too have the same BSNL Broadband plan. Even i face the same frequent disconnection problem but it is more during night time frequently after every five minutes. The more strange thing is that during day time I am getting 60-80kbps download speed and during night time it is more but it frequently get disconnected. Does some one has any mechanism to improve my download speed? Thank you in Advance.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I am using the same plan in mumbai and for me this is great. During night time I am Currently getting maximum download speed of 320kbps. The download speed for rapidshare and Megaupload is approximately 250kbps. And for utorrent it is only 256kbps and for the upload rate in torrents it is at 64kbps. So I think you can also get this download speed for your BSNL broadband connection.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

The download speed is lately decreasing. Earlier I suppose to get 250 kbps download speed but now it is decreasing. Now-a -days I get less than 200 kbps download speed. I think this is because BSNL is adding users tremendously but they are doing nothing to improve the lines. The Internet should be run on different cable and not on the same cable on which the telephone line are running. But i think they are not going to do anything to solve this issue.

Does anyone know what average download speed we get for Home 500 3GB plan? Please help because I am getting only 54kbps download speed and the average speed is 50kbps. What exact speed I can expect. Someone told me that he is getting 235kbps download speed having the same plan. If you know any trick how to improve my speed please inform me. Your effort will be appreciated.