Thread: Airtel Broadband: How to check usage for unlimited plans?

Airtel Broadband: How to check usage for unlimited plans?

I also suffered from Airtel fair usage policy. My situation is that Airtel says they do not capture data usage for those people who has unlimited plans. Now my problem is that how can I check my usage when I am close to fair usage policy so that I can accordingly manage it. I did not understand when they are saying unlimited than why they impose limit? And they do not provide data usage for unlimited. Does any one knows how to find out current usage in unlimited plans?Thank you in Advance.

Re: Airtel Broadband: How to check usage for unlimited plans?

With Airtel Broadband you can view your usage after 15 days. But the better way is to download Bandwidth meter pro and when you are using net just ON the meter pro. When you open the meter pro you can see your usage hours wise, day wise or even month wise and you are also able to see your live usage in one click. You can also register on airtel.in and check your usage after 10 or 15 days. You need to click on personal information and see your non billed amount.

I am using Codebox Software - BitMeter OS to track my Broadband usage. Bitmeter os is a free open source bandwidth tracking system. It works on various operating system such as windows, linux, mac osx. Bitmeter allows you to track how much you use your net connection and you can see this info in variety of ways. When you install Bitmeter on your system you can track your usage via a browser or through command line tools. It also shows graphs and charts that lets you know how your net connection is used.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I am using multiple machine at my place so there is no option to use software for this. It will be pain full installing and checking data usage on each machine. So use of software for me is not possible. Even i go to airtel.in and under personal information i am unable to see any option to see my unbilled amount. Does any one can provide more specific solution to this problem? your effort will be appreciated.

You first register yourself with airtel.in and then login using the correct user id. When you log in then click on Account Information. Then click to the airtel number related to your account. After this you will see a link to see your unbilled usage. OR After the end of the day make call to airtel tech support and ask them for your todays data usage. But you can’t do this also because they have been charging for customer care for long time. Hope they will remove the limited data storage policy for you so that you do not need to worry about the data usage.