Thread: Wrong email as Free Usage Limit Crossed: BSNL Broadband

Wrong email as Free Usage Limit Crossed: BSNL Broadband

I am using Home 500C plan and this morning i got a mail from BSNL customer care and in the mail it was given that my current BSNl browdband usage has crossed the free-limit of 2.5 GB. But the problem is that I had not used beyound 1.5Gb because the stat show only 1.3gb. So I am confused whether to believe the portal or the mail I received. Can any one else receive such email from BSNL? Please tell what should I do Know?Thank you in Advance.

Re: Wrong email as Free Usage Limit Crossed: BSNL Broadband

I will suggest you to not use the net for the next month. You should always try to be on safer side. I think may be the user page might be not updated. Because I remember once my usage for 1st was updated on 21st. So it better to use some other mechanism to track your usage. Better you make call to BSNL broadband customer care and talk to them about this issue.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

In order to avoid such issues I use ShaPlus Bandwidth meter because once I also receive the same mail and My situation is same as like you. So I started using ShaPlus Bandwidth meter which is freeware and it is simple to use in order to track Internet Bandwidth usage. You can display your usage in current session,day or on month basis. It is helpful for all those who use Limited BSNL bandwidth broadband connection.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Thank for your suggestions. today I got my bill and it is normal just 550 plus service tax. i had used approximately 200mb after the email. So now I will trust the portal statistics and not such spam Emails. But i will also start using the ShaPlus Bandwidth meter to be in the safer side. Hope this will help to those who might got the same email.

Even I got the same email from BSNL broadband customer care and I had never used more than 2GB. In this month on the 6th day I got the mail saying that I had crossed the limit of 2.5 GB. I thought it might be any spam mail but today morning it says 4GB. I am using Home 500C plan and does anybody else got the same issue/ What should I do? Do I get only 1.5 GB or 2.5 Gb free. Please help. Your effort will be appreciated.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Buddy it is better to talk to your Customer care for this problem because even I got the same mail previous month and I used approximately 660mb more than my limited bandwidth limit. Bill for this month is RS.890.I check the usage in my portal stat and over their it shows that my usage is only 1.8 GB. So I start to use some third party software to keep the track of my Broadband bandwidth usage.