Thread: BSNL modem doesn't work on parallel connection.

BSNL modem doesn't work on parallel connection.

I an using a siemens c2110 modem to connect to the internet and i have phone connection at my Home. My phone is placed in Hall and modem is connected over there and it is working fine. But i want to change it's location and i have this other in parallel connection. I place phone to that location and it works fine but when i connect my modem to it, the DSL light keep on fluctuating and it is never still. I try only connecting the modem but this also does not work . so please help me to get my modem working.Thank you in Advance.

Re: BSNL modem doesn't work on parallel connection.

As per my knowledge BSNL people always recommend to connect the modem to the immediate port in your house. As in your case the telephone cable running from outside reaches your Hall first so this is the perfect location to attach your modem. So first connect your modem at this location and then try to do the further connection. Hope this will help you to solve your issue.

I recently purchased Intel i7 laptop and have windows 7 home edition installed and i have a PC with XP professional. I want to connect the two machines at a time to internet without using router. I am using Siemens C2110 Modem to connect to the internet. I have connected my laptop to USB port and PC is connected to the ethernet port to access the net. But when i try to access the net at the time from both the machine it does not allow to do it. Is there any way i can connect the two machine at same time?
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Where you are connecting your modem first check the port with the telephone set and check whether it works fine or there is any sort of disturbance. make sure that there is no fault in wiring then connect the splitter before telephone set. If possible buy one more splitter and connect it to before modem. I too have parallel connection at my home and i am using splitter before each telephone. I am having ZTE wireless modem.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

If you don’t need a phone then the RJ11 to the modem can be directly connected without any issue in any parallel telephone port in any room. Splitter functions to give easy passage for audio signals and blocks data signal. Are you trying to connect to different systems, one in the hall and the other is placed somewhere else and use only single modem.

I have talk to BSNL tech support and they say that installing modem on BSNL parallel connection is not supported. You can install a long range wireless wifi N router in your hall and after this your modem link will be stable. By doing this you will be able to use the wireless internet from anywhere in your home. Why you are breaking your head in wires and socket use wireless to solve your problem.