Thread: Idea net setter not working on Windows 7

Idea net setter not working on Windows 7

I have purchased a new Idea netsetter for my pc and it costs me around 2500 rupees. But I am having some problem with my computer. I have installed windows xp operating system on my pc. And now I am looking to install this usb modem on my computer but I am getting some problem while installing the driver of this usb modem on my system. I don’t know why this problem is occuring so if anyone has any solution for this issue then please let me know about it. Thanks

Re: Idea net setter not working on Windows 7

I think this issue occurs due to some compatibility with your operating system and the usb modem driver. For installing this driver on your computer you might have to change compatibility to windows xp operating system. After this you can try and install the usb modem driver on your computer. I think this solution must be helpful to you to solve your problem. Otherwise download the latest usb modem driver from the official website of manufacturer who made the modem.

I have also purchased a idea net setter and this usb modem is providing me very slow speed which is about to 20-25 kbps. Previously I was running windows xp operating system on my computer and this usb modem was working fine but now I have switched on the windows vista. And on this I am trying to install the driver of this usb modem in which I am getting a problem while installing. I want to know how can I solve my problem.

Hi Marcya,

You are also seem to be facing the same compatibility issue with your usb modem driver and you will also have to make changes for its compatibility with the windows xp operating system. But I think that windows vista already has a lot of compatibility problems while installing many application in the computer. If the problem still persist after changing its compatibility mode to windows xp then you have to download the vista compatible driver from its official web site.

You might have to get a USB modem which is compatible with Windows 7 or Windows Vista OS. However, still you may be able to use the Idea Net Setter modem, you just have to plug it to the usb port once you are at the desktip and wait for the desktop to settle to idle mode and then only plug in the device. Just wait for 1-2 minutes for Windows to load the drivers and do not have any other devices connected like the mouse and keyboard. It might conflict with other external memory devices like your camera and phone as well.