Thread: How To Deactivate Promotional Calls?

How To Deactivate Promotional Calls?

I have been a TATA Postpaid customer and my problem is every now and then I receive at least 2 promotional calls which distracts me a lot. I hate this kind of calls when I am in some important meetings. Is there any way to deactivate this promotional calls ? If this isn't possible then suggest me some way how I can block those numbers?

Re: How To Deactivate Promotional Calls?

Yes you can stop all such promotional calls on your TATA INDICOM mobile. All you need to do is send an SMS to the service provider and tell them that you do not want any more promotional calls or SMSs. Create a message by typing "START DND" and send it to "1909".

Indeed that was an excellent suggestion given by Abhay and I hope that will help you but most of the other users who want to disable promotional calls on their mobile. However, there are some situations where people want other alternatives to this. And for this reason, my recommendation is to go to the My Account, which can only seen to you once you have logged in to Tata Indicom website. Once on the above page you should find a place or instruction suggesting how to stop the promotional calls.

Recently, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India have come up with the people who are complaining about the promotional offers that they receive on their mobile via tele-calls or SMS. Most of them don't want this telemarketing and would like to stop this feature. So they have started the "National Do Not Call Registry of India". Any mobile user who do not wish to receive such telemarketing calls and SMSs can request to add their mobile number in the NDNC Registry.