Thread: SXC-1080 modem gives BSOD with Win 7

SXC-1080 modem gives BSOD with Win 7

I have one SXC 1080 Modem from last three years and I was using it on my laptop. I was using windows Xp SP3 on my laptop. But now I have upgraded my laptop to windows 7 32 bit and also have installed drivers for SXC 1080 Modem. I took all these drivers from TATA indicom website but whenever I plug my modem and try to connect it show me a BSOD with IRQL_Less_than_Or_Equal description. I am not able to trace that where is the problem. Please provide me some legal solutions.

Re: SXC-1080 modem gives BSOD with Win 7

I am sorry for your problem. Have you called TATA services about this problem? As you said that you were using it without any problem on windows Xp, its mean that modem is working well problem is inside your drivers. I think so you made some mistake while you were installing drivers for your modem. Check this all and also make complain at Tata services because I am sure they will give your better reply.Best of luck!

I am also facing this same issue. I was also using my SXC 1080 modem happily on my laptop when I was running windows Xp but last week I have upgraded it to windows 7 and now I am not able to use modem on it. When I try connect it , every time I saw one died blue screen with error “driver IRQ less or equal” my modem is working on similar PC when I use Linux and when I use virtual pc software to run windows xp. I have also downloaded latest drivers from TATA indicom website but still I am facing the same problem. Is anybody here knows what is happening with my system?

As you explained here that you have upgraded your laptop to windows 7 then are u sure that your all drivers are installed properly? Maybe problem can be in your system not in modem and its drivres. Check that its USB is working properly or not. I know there are only very few chances that it is USB problem because when you try to connect ur Modem, ur system generate error for modem, its prove that ur system is detecting Modem.

I do not think so that it is hardware problem (like USB problem or modem problem) because it works fine when you use it with windows Xp. I am also getting this same blue screen with my Plug2surf USB device. I purchased it on September 2010 and I am not able to use it with my laptop, running with windows 7 while when I connect it with my brother’s Pc who is using windows Xp , its work fine. So I think so that problem is with drivers. Drivers provided by TATA indicom are not compatible with windows 7 and right now they do not have any solution.