Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android internet connection

Re: Android internet connection

Hi Satyam

My suggestion to you would be to contact the HTC call center (look up on their website) and ask their personnel.

They were the first ones to tell me that Vodafone Mobile Connect would be needed to access the Apps on the phone, and not Vodafone Live!

In case you don't get your answer here on this forum, they are your best bet.

Gren

Thanx gren. will call'em up and ask abt this. your reply was showed me some way.

Anyone with any further answer?? plzz.

This is real bad. Got my new android phone last week. Today my vodafone gprs will be activated, and its really heartbreaking that I cannot use the mind boggling apps in my Samsung galaxy 3. Though aircel is a gud option but I really don't want to change my number. Really heartbreaking. Checked with the customer care people in vodafone. They told that vodafone live is not compatible with android as the standards are different. I really don't understand, when the android market is picking up in India and it is real hot why Vodafone, being such a big head in service provider industry, is not thinking about making the gprs compatible with android???? Vodafone are you listening???????????????

can you help me with the settings for vodafone live??
    plsss..

Airtel is damn cheap.. 99rs 2 gb

Quote Originally Posted by gary84 View Post
    can you help me with the settings for vodafone live??
    Do you want to say that you need the manual GPRS settings for Vodafone. If so, then try the below settings and enter it in your device:

Account Name: Vodafone_gprs
    Homepage: http://live.vodafone.in
    User Name: (no need)
    Pass: (no need)

Access Point Settings:

Proxy: Enabled
    Proxy Address: 10.10.1.100
    Proxy Port: 9401
    Data Bearer: Packet Data

Bearer Settings:

Packet Data Access Point: portalnmms
    Network type: IPV4
    Authentication: normal
    User Name: (no need)
    Password: (no need)

Quote Originally Posted by amil View Post
    You can then download and install the software update using your phone’s Wi-Fi or data connection.

Note: Checking and downloading phone software updates may incur additional data transfer fees from your mobile operator.

• Depending on the type of update, the update may erase all your personal data and customized settings, and also remove any applications you have installed. Make sure that you have backed up the information and files you want to keep.
    • Make sure you have your microSD card on your phone. The update will be downloaded to the microSD card.
    • When there is an update available, the Install system software update dialog box will appear onscreen. Select Install now and then tap OK.
    • If you’re in the middle of a call and there’s an update available, you’ll receive an update notification. After you end the call, slide open the Notifications panel. Then, tap the update notification to download and install the software update

For more information check here.
    It does not work.

I contacted the HTC customer care and they said they are "evaluating the user experience by launching Froyo for the other models". Only then will they release 2.2

They've done so for Desire.

Is there any way we can bypass HTC and update ourselves?

Actually you can't.HTC will most probably release froyo for wildfire in mid September. Even if you root your phone, until froyo is not released by htc, there will be no custom rom released for wildfire with froyo.

are they ever going to release Froyo for the Wildfire? It's October!

Quote Originally Posted by zabin7 View Post
    This is real bad. Got my new android phone last week. Today my vodafone gprs will be activated, and its really heartbreaking that I cannot use the mind boggling apps in my Samsung galaxy 3. Though aircel is a gud option but I really don't want to change my number. Really heartbreaking. Checked with the customer care people in vodafone. They told that vodafone live is not compatible with android as the standards are different. I really don't understand, when the android market is picking up in India and it is real hot why Vodafone, being such a big head in service provider industry, is not thinking about making the gprs compatible with android???? Vodafone are you listening???????????????
    did your gprs worked ??? i too have bought galaxy 3 but gprs is not woring for me !! Plz help me !!

Quote Originally Posted by sanchit123malhotra View Post
    did your gprs worked ??? i too have bought galaxy 3 but gprs is not woring for me !! Plz help me !!
    I have heard that the Samsung galaxy does support Vodafone live so no worries there. If you have Edge connection (Vodafone Mobile Connect) activated on your number it wont accept Vodafone Live as an access point. Just call your operator for a solution and they'll help you with the settings required.

i just found out on the HTC website that the wildfire now has the 2.2

has anyone managed to get it? I don't have access to a WiFi but I have the Vodafone Mobile Connect on my phone.

Help

If you are trying to configure the wifi on the phone then here are the settings. For that first from the home screen go to menu > settings > Wireless & networks. Then choose the wifi checkbox to turn it one and let the phone scan the network. On the wifi settings configure the network nam and the security settings. In this way your phone can connect to the wifi network.

I am using HTC Wildfire

even I have updated Android 2.2 from my handset

To Update:
    Open Settings > About phone > System software updates
    and click check now

after that just follow the step screened on the handset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12