Thread: No sound in Videocon D2h Set top box

No sound in Videocon D2h Set top box

I am getting issue on my TV. Here is my entire setup. First I have a 19" LCD TV with Videocon D2h set top box. It is working fine. I had not created my own small media center pc. I had connected all things fine and the connection from the set top box goes to the TV Tuner and then TV. So that I can record some of my favorite shows. Now the videos which I am recording does not have sound in them. When I play sometime the sound goes off.

re: No sound in Videocon D2h Set top box

If you just leave the system on and then go back in recording the show then there are two possibilities. First by chance the sound is muted and you are not aware about the same. You must check the settings in your TV first. See that the audio is set to quiet high amount while recording. The other thing is that there is some problem in the cable connection. Check the same.

Did you checked the downloaded programs. Have you played them in your Media Center pc before copying them to a disc. If not then check the same first because this look like codec issue. Try K Lite Codec pack for that. This codec pack contains everything you need to playback audio and video formats to the most popular DivX Pro, Xvid, Windows Media, AC3, etc.

Download and try VLC media player in your system. This is the best tool I had ever found for audio and video files. It is possible that your TV tuner card is having some fault in recording sound. You must check that after downloading. Verify your downloads and then see. Or else try out Media Player Codec Pack, whcih includes a large number of media decoders designed to allow Windows Media Player to read and return the majority of quasi audio and video files.

I am using a Windows 7 and for that other than VLC I am using Windows 7 Codec pack. It contains a codec library which plays almost anything. Windows 7 a pack of codecs audio codecs and video easy to install specially designed for use with Windows 7. It lets you play videos with most media players. You can change the installation options by choosing the codecs to be installed.

This is probably a cable issue. In my case I am using Videocon D2h service. It was working fine and suddenly one day there was video but no sound. I had turned off my TV and checked the cables. Nothing worked there. After calling the company person he replaced the back cable and now it is working well. So you must also check for the same. Connect the box directly to your system and see.

Try FFDShow for that. It is a DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing DivX movies. It uses the codec Libava ffmpeg project for video decompression, postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of low bitrate movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD. You must encode the downloaded content properly before burning the same to disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattabesic View Post
    I am getting issue on my TV. Here is my entire setup. First I have a 19" LCD TV with Videocon D2h set top box. It is working fine. I had not created my own small media center pc. I had connected all things fine and the connection from the set top box goes to the TV Tuner and then TV. So that I can record some of my favorite shows. Now the videos which I am recording does not have sound in them. When I play sometime the sound goes off.
    HI all,

I am trying to set up videocon d2h on my pc thru tmedia center. i am not getting any tv signal, i dont see any video during setting up. At the end of set up i can see only Airtel and TATA Sky on the list, no videocon . what to do and how to do? please help me

THanks.

Re: No sound in Videocon D2h Set top box

Quote Originally Posted by sukar27 View Post
    HI all,

I am trying to set up videocon d2h on my pc thru tmedia center. i am not getting any tv signal, i dont see any video during setting up. At the end of set up i can see only Airtel and TATA Sky on the list, no videocon . what to do and how to do? please help me

THanks.
    I think that TATASKY's STB is provided with Composite video out with RCA connectors (Yellow cable) and RF out. Any LCD/Plasma TV having RCA connectors can be connected but I have no idea how it can be connected to any converter for PC monitor, and also no idea if any device available to interface STB with Windows media centre.