Thread: The color quality is low on Videocon D2h service

The color quality is low on Videocon D2h service

When I watch movies from my HTPC on the screen of my TV the picture is not so clear. For some reason the same movie on the screen of my PC gives a better video display. There is no proper natural color provided in the Black and white image. I had made a cd of some images and videos taken from a digital cam. I am not getting where the issue lies. Need some help on this.

Re: The color quality is low on Videocon D2h service

For the dish tv thing it is better if you check the AV cable support. If the same is not properly pushed in the connector then you might not get the output quality good. It also depends on what quality of wire you are using rigth now. Then check that your TV has a support for PAL. Also check the same for NTSC. If you found that in settings then switch your TV's setting to PAL and then check back.

Check the cables. TV gives out the output if the cable are properly settled. Also see that you have not adjusted the graphic quality. Set the same to highest or just re-sync your system back again. In your media center system use update for the software you are using. You can check by connecting the set top box directly to the TV. See what quality you get. If that is bad then call the service provider.

Yes it can be due to the weak signal of the set top box. If you are getting a very bad video on the TV then you must first adjust the TV settings and then comes the set top box. Change the cables and then check back. Or else simply contact the company and complain about the bad quality of service you are getting right now. They will fix out the matter for the same.

I do not understand because my TV screen is much bigger than my PC and the picture is very clear yet. But when I capture my video with Windows Movie Maker or Studio 8 or Image Mixer VCD by the Pinnacle card then the qulaity is so bad. I shall make an adjustment but I don't know where and how. I am looking for some tips for the same.

I think the problem comes from the resolution. The resolution is responsible for clear image quality. The standard resolution for a TV is 720 x 576 for PAL and it is is very well accepted by your PC. But on the same hand there is some difference between a video from cable tv and video on a DVD. There is data compression things on the DVD. The same can also be responsible for loss of quality.

In my opinion you must have a good graphic card support. With movie maker you will not get a good image or video quality. Pinnacle Studio 8 or there are other good products which you can use. For my part I am using Adobe Premiere 6.5. I am providing you my settings which can help you somewhere. The compression is set on DV (4 / 3 interlaced), image Size is 720 x 576 and 1067 of aspect ratio.