Thread: SatelliteTV Box does not show POWER ON status

SatelliteTV Box does not show POWER ON status

My Satellite TV box is not working anymore. Last night we had some regular power fluctuation issue. This morning when I turned on the box then there is no power on indication. It is not getting on while the TV works. The issue looks in the box. What do here now. I had called the company and then told that it will take some time to send the person at home. Till that time what can I do.

Re: SatelliteTV Box does not show POWER ON status

There is nothing great you can do here. The only thing you can try is checking the main current source. That is your power switch. You can turn it off and then put it on back again. Call a wireman and show him the socket. It can be due to broken wire or something due to which the set top box is not getting enough power for getting on. Or else wait back for the person to come.

Try to change the power point for the set top box. Change the power cable of the same. It is hardware fault and you can do nothing great there. You might need a replacement for the box. In my can the box does not light. I have a small flashing red dot in the lower right of the screen and nothing else on the same. The company guys will replace the same.

Check the all the cable is connected or not. I am having a IPTV connect at my home. There is a Ethernet port on the decoder. The cable is located at the backside of the set top box. I have a power adapter connected to the same. Change the cable which is a best alternative. And if that works then fine or else just wait back for the repair person to come. You might need a replacement for the box.

When you unplug and replug the decoder of the electricity sector then the box restarts and the LEDs flashes. hope to change the decoder for the same and that can be done by the service provider for no charge if it is a recent connection. Just try to press the button again and again and check that it is getting power or not. It can be internal fault where you can do nothing.

Some time ago I took a little time for subscribing the D2h service from Videocon. I got a TV decoder with the same. I followed all the steps of connection where all are done well. There was nothing complicated. Just some cable setup. At first when connected it took some time to get the proper signal. But later on it worked. And now suddenly it has stopped working. After complaining to the service provider they replaced my box.

First disconnect the box and remove it completely from the outlet. Then get a new cable and connect the same to a different source. If the light comes then it is power issue or else the box is dead and it will not work. It is not worth repairing the same with your own hand. You will get support from the company. I think there is some terms of warranty they provide on the box under which they give you replacement.