Thread: Videocon D2h The remote control doesn't work

Videocon D2h The remote control doesn't work

I am having a small issue with my remote control. I am using a D2h TV service from videocon. It is almost a year now I am using this service. Suddenly my remote control has stopped working. It is not showing any indication on the TV. I cannot change setting and channel for the same. I have a very old TV. I was not willing to change this but now due to such issue I might need to work on the same. I just trying to save money here.

Re: Videocon D2h The remote control doesn't work

The remote for my TV does not respond in most of the cases. I faced a similar issue. The batteries have been changed and I had also cleaned the contacts, but still no output beam is detected. Do you have any other ideas or manipulations of any failures. The remote did not fall. I have a new setup here just a few weeks old. So I must not face such issue. It can be a defective piece.

You will need to check the batteries and there is small light in the front of the remote. This sends a infrared command to the tv. Check that if that is broken. You will need to also ensure that there must not be much more obstacles in between. If there is any then you move a bit nearer to the TV set. If still nothing works then just replace the remote control. That will not cost you much.

It is just a small issue. Get a new remote. It is no use of wasting time on the old TV. If you are willing to buy a new one then you must look on some points before purchasing. The screen size of the TV must be bigger so that you get a detailed and realistic screen. A difference of a few inches diagonally can make a big difference on the total area. However, a larger screen does not necessarily mean a higher price.

Yes there is no use of playing with remote. It come in some less amount. I just got a LCD TV. The main thing which I found is the screen size. There is also a slight difference between screen size and the size of actual image. An LCD television uses any available surface while a CRT TV often shows a frame around the image. Accordingly, an LCD TV offers an image size slightly larger than a CRT screen size to equal.

For the remote issue in the set top here is easy fix for that that. First open the rear panel of the remote. You can see Two AAA size battery. Remove then and add a new one. Do not use a cheap batteries. You can check weather the batteries are properly connected to the remote or not. There is spring like support on the same. If still it does not work then check that there must not be any obstacle between you and remote.

Yes just change it. I had purchased a new one. The remote gets faulty if there is any liquid fallen on it. This is a common mistake. If you are technical type person the you can open up the screws and there is a green pcb inside. Take some thinner and wipe it gently to remove all the moisture from the circuit. Dry that completely and put the things back and check.