Thread: Why we can’t get cheap broadband in India

Why we can’t get cheap broadband in India

Hello friends, I wanted to share some information on broadband speed provided in India. I have read on other news column, so I thought I must put in on our forums, where many people come share their views. I was doing search for MTNL speed upgrade with its price, there I found critical information that, high speed broadband in Pakistan is more chipper than India. I felt shock that when I seen the price list of one of the Pakistan company, list is above:
    • 1mbps Unlimited @ 650 INR
    • 4mbps Unlimited @ 1200 INR
    • 6mbps Unlimited @ 2700 INR
    • 8mbps Unlimited @ 3500 INR

So my question is if Pakistan can do this in chipper rate then why can’t India? Anyone have any other info then do reply to this post.

Re: Why we can’t get cheap broadband in India

Hey thanks for such information on this forum. I have read your post and also read the news about high speed broadband price. The company which provides broadband in Pakistan is PCTL. I feel shock, that Pakistan is third world country with approximately half of their area is under control of Taliban, their economy is going down and they are nothing compared to India, if they can provide such fantastic service then why can’t India give such service? I must do something about it, Indian internet service provider is not small, and as India have nearly more than 500 thousand customer. We must right to our ISP about it and we must show the cost of PCTL to them. Let us do something for country! All the best!

Hello guys, yes above posts are very true. I have some more information about this, and you all will not believe me that not only Pakistan but Bangladesh also have chipper rate for broadband as compared to India. Now that’s shameful. PCTL is equivalent to MTNL/BSNL, as they provide more DSL service. Pakistan has better with DSL, but also with WiMax and some stuff going on with FTTH. I think both of these countries has decided to do more better things in their countries, in terms of technology. I don’t know why India is getting backward in all these technology stuff. Come on India Do something!!!

Hey additionally I have some more information, I know the current thing we have is very lesser than Pakistan but there are complexities, between these countries. Starting from business if we compare India and Pakistan, starting a business is easier in Pakistan, and obtaining ISP license is also easier in Pakistan and cheaper, in India these things are difficult. And looking at service, the service we provide is better than them. We are best friends, we will also use these stuff, India is great.

Yes friend, you are right India is best! If you look at some other Example then you will come to know that India looking forward day by day. Let us take an example of New Zealand; they have 1 million broadband connections with an average speed of 3Tbit/s of international bandwidth, while India have only international cable, southern cross supports 960Gbits/s. Also look at Finland they have similar number of connection as New Zealand have, Finland have average speed of 10Mbit/s to 1Gbit/s so we are nowhere backward in the international market. Thanks you to put such good discussion on the forum.

Well contrary to the discussion, i think broadband in india is a lot cheaper than other countries especially when you compare it the US. Although we can definitely improve upon the speed of the net