Thread: ISDN E1 - Comparison

ISDN E1 - Comparison

Hi All,
    This is my first post on TechArena. I had a question about ISDN lines and wanted to get the opinion of people on this forum.

We are looking to take an ISDN PRI - E1 line in Mumbai and have the option of picking from MTNL, Airtel, RCom and maybe Tata Comm.

What I wanted to know was if anybody has done a comparative study to know the reliability, uptime, performance, support etc. of the E1 line provided by these companies? Which of these 4 is the best in your opinion. The sales guys have promised the sky but what has been your experience?

Thanks.
    kly

Re: ISDN E1 - Comparison

As per my knowledge i will not advise you to go with the MTNL as it is not having good connection and you will get the downtime most of the time. And it is not having good customer service. Airtel is better then the MTNL but not the best it is also having the downtime issue. I will advise you to go with the TATA
    RIC which are the best in their field.

Hey urgaffel,
    Thanks for your reply. Are you sure TATA (VSNL) provides ISDN Lines? Coz I spoke to them and they said that they don't? I'll talk to them again then.
    kly

abishek Guest

MTNL provides a contention ratio of 1:10 for Home PSTN Dial-up users. ISDN Dial up provides internet access using ISDN line. Access numbers for this service are 24694444,26220000, 26213677, 25166039,23761667. Two types of tariff plans are available for this service , Dialup hourly usage plan and Flat usage plan. Email facility and Free web space of 2MB is provided with prepaid dialup internet connections. More information can be found here.

Hey Abishek,
    Thanks for this information. Have you used MTNL ISDN Connection? How's the reliability and uptime?
    kly

Quote Originally Posted by klystr0n View Post
    Hey Abishek,
    Thanks for this information. Have you used MTNL ISDN Connection? How's the reliability and uptime?
    kly
    Mtnl gives pathetic stabilities in rainy seasons, even most of the times. I have been suffering frequent daily connection breaks and low speed due to which my very intention of upgrading has failed. In India ISDN service is not at all as per International standard, first of all the cable reach to your home do not have capacity to carry ISDN line voltage that must be 100V and so on.
    Nothing in life is garaunteed, except death.

Thanks AngerEyes.

Do you know if anybody has conducted a survey comparing MTNL, Airtel etc? I thought DOT or TRAI or some other organization may have surveyed the service provided by these guys.