Thread: Connect BSNL Broadband via LAN and UTSTARCOM WA3002G4 ADSL2+ Modem

Connect BSNL Broadband via LAN and UTSTARCOM WA3002G4 ADSL2+ Modem

Hi all,

I have recently got BSNL Broadband connection with router. I am trying to create a bridge with UTSTARCOM WA3002G4 ADSL2+ Modem that I wish to use in my laptop. Is anyone have any idea about this. Please sugest that how to configure that LAN. Thanks in advance.

You need to attach the modem with the landline phone and the extra end to your computer’s CPU/laptop. This would offer you a dialog box with a message proverb new hardware found, you need to install all the drivers from the installation CD offer in the modem box. Next open your browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press enter wherever in you will give asked for the logins to the modem in a dialog box, enter ‘admin’ ‘admin’ as the login permit and you will be logged into the modem. Make sure you enter both the logins in small letters because the logins are case sensitive. Check and reply.

You need to go to the Advanced setup menu and click on the WAN button and click on the add button to create a configuration. After that enter the VPI and VCI values give by your ISP ie bsnl broadband authorities which generally are 0 and 35 respectively. Select the connection type as PPPoE and click on the next button. Enter the PPPoE username and password which every bsnl broadband users are specified via phone and click on next to save the configuration and you are done set up the bsnl ADSL2+ super speed land line broadband internet connection.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

In general BSNL authorities offer a modem but i would suggest you guys to use a modem from Dlink because it’s far more improved in terms of steady connection and speedy connectivity. Don’t forget to try out receiving a free modem from bsnl by using their 8Mbps internet connection.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Actually bsnl offer or you can purchase one ADSL Router. It is not an normal modem. You can save your username and passwords in the modem and then connect a LAN cable as of it to a LAN switch / hub and then from there beyond you can attach any number of computers to share the connection. By default, it's IP address will be 192.168.1.1 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 with DHCP enabled. Check and reply.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

You can stay your DSL router in two modes.
    1. Bridge mode : If you are at present attach to broadband just like a dialup connection by clicking on Dial button from a connection, it is already in bridge mode. If this is the case, you have to use a break up PC as a server and have to install two NICs (i.e. PCI LAN cords). Or you can purchase a router and configure those username and passwords within it and from there you can connect so many PCs.
    2. PPPoE mode : This stands for Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet. In this container the bsnl broadband username and passwords are configured inside the ADSL router and it perform as a DHCP server and a router and a LAN switch.

onnect BSNL Broadband via LAN and UTSTARCOM WA3002G4 ADSL2+ Modem

If you have an ADSL router with one LAN port and one USB port then you be able to connect two computers one to every port with no extra cost. If you have an ADSL router with Four LAN ports and one Wireless, then you can attach Four PCs directly with no additional switch / Hub to LAN ports and Eight computers on wireless lan ( don't forget to configure wireless security). If you have an ADSL router with only one LAN port and no USB port then you have to obtain a LAN switch / HUB so that you can connect more than a few computers to share this connection. Check and reply.