Thread: Security bug in BSNL's ZXDSL 531B

Security bug in BSNL's ZXDSL 531B

Hello friends, my computer is running Windows XP operating system. I think that there is a security bug in BSNL's ZXDSL 531B. This is because there is a problem with the systems that are being used in the LAN. The situation is that even the limited users are getting the rights just as same as the administrator. I am not able to understand why this is happening. If anyone has any idea about this problem, then please help me out with the solution because my LAN setup seems to be in a terrible situation.

Re: Security bug in BSNL's ZXDSL 531B

Hello there, you must call the BSNL people at your place and show your LAN setup to them. So, they will be able to look into the security bug in BSNL's ZXDSL 531B. Also, they will be able to understand what is actually causing the issue. Because of this, they will be able to provide you with the correct solutions to get rid of this situation. I guess that this is the reliable solution for this situation.

It seems that you have changed the password of the administrator and did not work out with the same for the other limited accounts. If it is so, then this is causing the issue of the security bug in BSNL's ZXDSL 531B. To eradicate this problem, there is only the need to change the passwords of those limited accounts too. I wish you all the best.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Inorder to prevent the problems like the security bug in BSNL's ZXDSL 531B, it is always recommended that one must not play with the settings of the system, mostly those of whom you are not aware of. Also remember that you will also have to upgrade the firmware, so that the problem is totally resolved. Prevent such plays in the future.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Hey guys,

Thanks for proving this valuable information. I did not know that when the administrator password is changed, the limited account password has also be changed. It is a surprise otherwise when one notices that the other users get all the admin rights itself.

Anyways thanks again for the information.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Hello again, it is very odd to know that the normal account users passwords have to be changed after the password of the administrator is reset. What kind of setup is this? I am sure that this is a security bug in BSNL's ZXDSL 531B. The people who are not aware about the same will face a great problem with their LAN system in the future.