Thread: Video Conferencing overview

Video Conferencing overview

Quick Google search found this BECTA report in 2004 concluded that "Video conferencing is now relatively little use of technology in schools, often pursued by a few enthusiasts and with its educational potential in the wider curriculum not yet been fully investigated." Although a few years now, I think it is still relevant. This is my thought on the Video Conferencing, but actually I need a overview on Video Conferencing.

Re: Video Conferencing overview

Perhaps this can be changed! With the development of new Internet technologies, which use video and voice over Internet protocols, iChat is the best thing I think, a lot of video conferencing is put into the hands of the student teacher is not checking. This development may be just the thing to help take off video, released the teacher focus on opportunities rather than making the technology work and start-up technology students from A to B for large investments, high stakes events.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I would say it is much better for the student to 'fire up' iChat or to do something equivalent on the Internet from your laptop and you cannot forget about the portable devices and engage in authentic learning activities rather than traipse the corridor to the room devoted to pre-determined video 'action'.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Some reasons for not launching a video conference with the old technology:
    1. This is quite problematic and difficult experience to establish and operate successfully - the risk of failure is relatively high:
    2. a lot of effort, planning is required if a meaningful learning experience to be developed - it is just sitting there smiling and waving at each other ....
    3. schedule and management classes can be difficult to
    4. Technology issues are always a risk
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Although there is no reason for failing to take video off, I would also argue that there are disputed pedagogical implications. The reason for some video conferencing is that the built-in assumption that we see and hear the expert because it has something important to us - the transmission model of education. I understand that this may not be that way, but I think that without care it may be the default mode for video conferencing.

Hello

I have been making computer presentations, audio-visual programs and short films from 1980. Body is under the age of 60, but the mind yearns for more and more.

Am deeply interested in current technology are evolving as available facilities for independent and use the conference would only be required to start learning any correspondence on this subject

Thanks for sharing such useful information and ideas at the conference video. Video conferencing is increasingly popular among people shop for a business meeting, educational and training purposes. Video conferencing has many good benefits for business, as well as personal travel restriction. Anyway you have heard of which is the largest and Virtual Cloud Computing Conference on their actions, innovations, as well as the latest trends. I got a good opportunity to update their knowledge in IT industry and also a great opportunity to meet and talk with the world's leading expert on cloud computing. The Cloud Computing Conference 2009 is the first year and a virtual video conference on Cloud Computing industry.

Great information about the Video conferencing method. Thanks for sharing it here. Most of the conference are using the video conference method. I got a good experience on video conference is by participating in the Cloud Computing Conference 2010 which is the World's largest conference on Cloud computing. I came to know about the conference throug