Thread: BSNL 750UL or BSNL EVDO?

BSNL 750UL or BSNL EVDO?

Hi friends,

Currently I am using BSNL BroadBand and the plan is 750 UL Plus and I am using this for more than a year. But I am not satisfied with the download speed I am getting with this plan. The download speed is around 30 Kbps. Recently I have heard about this BSNL EVDO that is offering .4mbps speed with the unlimited download only at the cost of Rs 650 per month.

I just want to know which the better plan for me. I mean should I change the plan to BSNL EVDO or should I must stick to my old plan, please help

I am going for this plan anybody else have a better plan then this.
    Last edited by Kaalicharan; 06-05-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Re: BSNL 750UL or BSNL EVDO?

If you are planning to switch the plan then I must tell you one thing that you will not get the constant speed in this new plan. According to me before going for the plan you should check for the speed of that plan in your locality. Because this plan is offering a good speed in some locality but in some places it worst.
    Last edited by newtech; 06-05-2010 at 12:10 PM.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Hi,
    First of all EVDO is a wireless connection that uses the CDMA Mobile network for the delivery of the services. As you know that the signal strength varies from place to place and from time to time the similar thing occurs with this and you will not get the constant speed. The most affecting factor is the distance of tower from your home or from the place you are accessing the net.
    Last edited by TEcH GuRuJI; 06-05-2010 at 12:09 PM.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

At first I thought that the UL 750 plan is good but believe me EV-DO plan is the best. I am saying this because the average speed I am getting with this is double compared to the speed which I am getting with UL 750 plan. To be more precise I am getting the of 70 Kbps for 24 hours.

But you have to notice that the speed is dependent on your location.

EVDO is the best if you are planning to use it for your laptop since it is good for the portability issue.
    Home 500 is favorable for the constant speed of 1.5 M Bits per sec and this is the average speed I am getting.
    But you will not get this speed with this EVDO. If you are sure that you are going to use this on portable device like laptop or notebook then you can go for EVDO.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

According to me you will not have that much peace of mind with this Home500, if you are planning to use it for the purpose of downloading. Since it is unlimited only during the night hours. But the case is different with the EV-DO plan because it is unlimited all the time. However the speed is more in Home500 and you will get the constant speed.

BSNL introduced EVDO wireless broadband. It is available only in the selected cities only. Contact your nearest BSNL telephone exchange / trade office for more information and availability.
    EVDO BSNL modem is USB based, so it is easy for Desktop computers and laptops.
    In short you can go for the EVDO if need portability.