Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Tikona from WiFi mobile

Connecting Tikona from WiFi mobile

Currently I am using Unlimited plan of MTNL triband but am planning to shift to TIKONA as it is cheaper. I know it is a Wireless broadband if I can connect my phone to the broadband connection using Wifi. So have any of you tried Connecting Tikona from WiFi mobile? It is very important that I am able to access Internet using phone so please people share your experience and information about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Connecting Tikona from WiFi mobile

Before subscribing for TIKONA broadband service you can ask for Demo for the service. Hence I will recommend that you ask for the demo and check if the mobile you are able to connect the mobile to the Internet using Wifi. The engineers will be able to demonstrate the internet connectivity on the phone. Hence you can make a decision after demonstration.

I would suggest that you stick to the current Internet plan which you are using as there is no guarantee that you will be able to connect the phone with the TIKONA broadband router. If there are ready to give some successful demonstration for connecting the phone to the router using Wifi then you can buy it without a problem otherwise it is better to avoid it.

According to me you will not be able to use the internet on the phone using a Wifi connection as for connecting to the TIKONA remote server, we have to use a Webdialler. Web based dialers have many issues while connecting multiple PC's to the same network. If the TIKONA people are providing a separate dialer application for the mobile then it will be easy to connect to the internet using phone. Hence becareful while making any decision.

I have TIKONA wireless broadband connection at home which I have been using for a month now. I have to adjust the receiver constantly to get a good signal from the remote access point. The net speed and performance is good but I am not able to connect multiple devices to the same connection. I contacted the customer care center of Tikona and asked for the configuration which are required for sharing the connection and I was told that sharing of connection will be provided soon and I would be helped by the network engineer. Hopefully they implement it soon as I am losing my patience.

Tikona wireless broadband does not support connection of Wi-fi phones to the router but by configuring a AD-HOC connection will enable you to connect the phone to the router. To establish AD-HOC connection, Connect the Tikona router to the computer using the cat5 cable. Create an ad-hoc wireless connection on the computer. Keep the computer ON and connect the phone to the Wireless network.

Thanks for sharing this useful information for sharing the same connection on the different devices. Now I have enabled AD-HOC connection on the computer using which I can connect the phone to the internet wirelessly. I hope Tikona comes out with some alternative solution for sharing as using AD-HOC connection means I have to keep the computer on.

how do u create ad-hoc connection? m using windows xp and i want to connect tikona on nokia e51.

Hello can you Please Teach me how to create and use tikona through mobil wifi.
    Would be a Great help.

As per my knowledge i have not yet found anything that will support the Tikona with the Wifi mobile. I have also contact the provider and asked the same question and in response i have got that they don't support this feature. This is all i have. If you got any solution then please let me know about the same.

ThumbsUp Re: Connecting Tikona from WiFi mobile

hey guys just found the settengs to connect to tikona wifi from your android mobile devices

1.click settengs
    2.turn on ur Wifi
    3.go to wifi settengs and scan for tikona wifi
    4.you will see that tikona is using a security-802.1x enterprise
    5.EAP METHOD- select TTLS
    Phase 2 Authentication: select PAP
    Identity-Your tikona wireless login username e.g. 11025xxxxx
    Wireless Password-your password
    anonymous identity: none(do not type this)

this settings helped me to connect my phone to tikona's wifi.....hopes it works on ur fone too....cheers

i am getting connected from both the settings but the login button is not getting clicked on the tikona login page

any tips ?

softinker Guest
    u can try a browser which supports the scripting on the page. Which mobile os and browser are u using?

i am using samsung monte. browser name is dolphin. i have tried to connect with opera mini but of no use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast