Thread: Need help in Configuring wireless network with reliance broadnet

Need help in Configuring wireless network with reliance broadnet

Please I need your help in solving this issue. I have a Reliance Broadnet connection on my desktop computer which is working quite well. I have recently purchased a Gateway laptop on which I want to share the same Internet connection and hence I Need help in Configuring wireless network with reliance broadnet. I am not a networking person and hence need a step by step guidance to configure the network. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Need help in Configuring wireless network with reliance broadnet

Before implementing any hardware solution for sharing the same internet connection on the different computers, contact the customer support cell of the ISP and confirm that the sharing of the connection is allowed between the computers or not. Sharing of same connection is not allowed by many of the ISP's. For preventing sharing of same connection, Many ISP's track the Mac addresses of all the devices which are connected to it. Tracking helps the ISP's to differ services to the different users. If sharing is not allowed from the ISP side, then there is no use in implementing any hardware solutions for sharing.

Sharing of the same connection is not allowed on Reliance broadnet. I have the same connection for my desktop computer and wanted to share it with two other computers using Wifi. Hence I asked the network engineer to set up a wireless network but he said that the sharing facility is not allowed on Reliance broadnet. So I am afraid there is nothing much you can do about it.

To share the same connection with different computers using a Wireless network, you will have to buy and configure a wireless router. To configure the router, you will require some settings from your ISP. Get the settings from the ISP and configure the router as per the settings. Save the configuration and reboot the router. See if the Internet can be accessed by different computers or not.

As I have mentioned that I dont have much of an Idea about networking and hence It would be better if you give step by step guidance for setting up Wireless network. In order to set up Wireless network, which wireless router to buy and how to configure the router? Will these settings be different for different router?Please explain.

For setting up wireless network, you can buy a Netgear router which is readily available. Refer the user manual to get the default IP address of the router. Enter the default IP address of the router in the address bar and hit enter. Enter the authentication information which is available in the user manual. Open the configuration page and enter the settingsa as per provided by your ISP. Save the configuration and reboot the router.

• Start the ADSL modem.
    • Once the WAN and PPOE LED's glow on the modem.
    • Connect the router to the modem on the router.
    • Start wifi on the laptop.
    • Detect the router using the operating system.
    • Get the configuration for the router from the ISP and configure the router.
    • Save the configuration and reboot the router.
    • Ensure your PC/Laptop is setup for dynamic IP (DHCP).