Thread: How to Configure BSNL Broadband connection on Ubuntu

How to Configure BSNL Broadband connection on Ubuntu

Hello to all,
    I have dell computer which has two operating system i.e. Ubuntu and Windows xp. I have recently get BSNL Broadband connection, but I don't know how to Configure it with Ubuntu. Can anyone tell me how to Configure BSNL Broadband connection on Ubuntu ? Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: How to Configure BSNL Broadband connection on Ubuntu

Use following steps to do this.
    1.Go to control panel ->Taskbar -> System -> Administration -> Network.
    2.Press unlock button, it will asked for Administrative password, just press your password and click on the Authenticate button.
    3.Now go to the Wired connection and now go to the properties -> "Connection setting" -> “Automatic configuration (DHCP)” -> press OK.
    4.Now choose Point connection -> properties -> checked “Enable this connection”-> now choose “PPPoE connection type” -> Now account information like Username and Password
    5.Now go to the Modem tab -> Now choose Ethernet interface -> now go to the option tab and choose all check boxes -> OK

Now to connect to internet just click on LAN Icon from the taskbar -> Dial Up connections -> now click on the "Connect to pppOe via modem".
    That's it.

I have recently installed Ubuntu in my computer. I have installed ubuntu 8.04, but I unable to connect to the internet. I tried all the steps you have listed in your thread, but I unable to connect it. I tried these steps for 2-3 times, but I unable to connect it. Please help me to fix this problem.

From your information it seems that you are using old version of Ubuntu and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case try to install Ubuntu 8.10 in your computer and then try to Configure BSNL Broadband connection. It is very easy to setup ADSL connection.
    Just try to install latest version of Ubantu in your computer.

In earlier I am using windows xp. In recently I have installed ubuntu in my computer and all the problem started. In the earlier I able to use BSNL Broadband connection on my windows xp, but now I unable to do this. I use all above thread, but none of them help me.
    Please help me.

Step 1:First go to the Network control panel -> Taskbar -> System -> Administration -> Network.
    Step 2:Now press Unlock button and it will asked for Administrative password. Just type your Password and press Authenticate.
    Step 3:Now go to the Wired connection and go to the properties. Now it will show “Connection setting tab”, just choose “Automatic configuration (DHCP)” from the given list and press OK.
    Step 4:Now choose "Point to Point connection" and go to properties. Now checked the “Enable this connection” and choose “PPPoE connection type” . Now enter the account data.
    Step 5:Now go to the Modem tab and choose Ethernet interface. Now go to the option tab and choose all check boxes and then press OK.