Thread: Use of wifi enabled mobile over airtel broadband

Use of wifi enabled mobile over airtel broadband

I have an Airtel broadband connection connected to the computer. The broadband connection is provided by Beetel 450BXI router. I use the broadband connection to connected to VPN and hence the router has to be configured in BRIDGE mode. The problem is I am not able to connect my phone using Wifi connection to the router. I have an Nokia E51 phone which has Wifi capability but whenever I try to connect the phone to the router, it gives an error message saying "No gateway reply". So can anybody here explain me Use of wifi enabled mobile over airtel broadband? Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Use of wifi enabled mobile over airtel broadband

First check the configuration of the router which you are trying to connect. For sharing the same connection on different devices, you will have to configure the router properly. If the router is not configured properly, you will not be able to share the connection. Login to the router and open the configuration page of the router. Check if the router is configured properly. If there are any changes to be made, do it and save the configuration. Reboot the router and see if the phone is able to connect to the router.

According to me the phone which you are using is not working properly due to which you are facing such problems. The proper working of the phone is dependent on the proper working of firmware of the phone. Like any other software, firmware of the phone can get stuck while executing certain application. If such a situation occurs then some features of the phone will not work properly. Try resetting the phone and then connect it to the router. See if the internet is available on the phone or not.

As you are using the router in bridged mode, you will not be able to connect the phone using the Wifi connectivity. Airtel broadband does not supports VPN in PPPoE mode and hence the router has to be configured in Bridge mode. In bridge mode, you will only be able to access the VPN to which you are connected and not to Internet. Due to which you are getting error message "no gateway reply". Hence I will suggest that if you want to use internet on the phone, change the mode of the router from Bridge to PPPoE.

Try connecting the phone to the computer using USB data cable and then see if the Internet connection is available on the phone or not, In bridge mode the phone will not be able to connect to the router using Wifi connection hence USB cable connection is required to connect the phone to Internet. Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable and see if Internet is working or not.

I connected the phone to the computer using the USB cable but still I was not able to access Internet on the phone. The phone is detected as unknown device on the computer and hence I think the Internet is not accessible on the phone. How to solve such problem? Is there any other method to connect the phone to the computer? Please help.

For the phone to get detected on the computer, you will have to install the appropriate drivers for the phone on the computer. Download and install the NOKIA PC SUITE which is available on the official nokia website and then connect the phone to the computer. Once Nokia PC suite is installed on the computer, the drivers for the phone will be installed automatically.